User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Satellite antenna wiring

2015 Solitude 320X, is there a prewiring on the roof for a permanent mount of a satellite antenna? New to us trailer and don't have any satellite antenna yet. On the motorhome, it was prewired on the roof and we had the Winegard dome. In the Solitude in the wet bay, there are 4 coax connections labeled, Bedroom, Living room, Pass through storage and Cable. The cable works as advertised but not sure what the other connections do. The owner's manual is very sketchy in information and seems to imply that the cable connection is also used to connect a satellite antenna. Above the TV there is a coax plate with 2 connectors. One is labeled satellite. In the bedroom there also are 2 but not labeled. The TV is currently connected to the other positions and getting cable and previously over the air antenna. So when I get a satellite antenna, probably a carry-out portable style, what do I connect it to? I guess I could make a little jumper connector, using an ohm meter, see if the wet bay connectors are the respective "other connections" inside.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Connect your carry out antenna main output connection via coax to the “Living Room” labeled connection in the wet Bay Area
    In living room, Connect short coax from the satellite receiver to the “satellite” labeled connection by the Living room TV.
    Connect HDMI cable from satellite receiver to TV HDMI Input.

If you get a 2 receiver carry out antenna model
    Connect aux coax connector of antenna to “Bedroom” connection in wet Bay Area
    Connect short coax cable from currently unused coax connector in bedroom wall plate to 2nd receiver.
    Connect HDMI cable from 2nd receiver to Bedroom TV

If you go with Dish TV and have issues first call
    800-788-4417 Winegard tech support
    Then if you need to activate call Dish Outdoor tech support at 866-262-1240 #2
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jerry thanks that what I suspected I would have to do. I am not going to remove the fixed dome off the motorhome when I sell it so that means getting a portable satellite antenna. I haven't done much research yet. I have Dish at home and a second receiver a, 211 I think, that does double duty in the coach and home bedroom. We'll be taking a longer trip late summer into fall so I'll find an antenna before that. Any suggestion for a rather strong one but gentle on the wallet?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We actually cancelled Fios at home and went with dish 3 months ago so we could get dish at home and when traveling.

Bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G1XB8O2/ for trailer. Includes carry out antenna and Wally receiver. There are cheaper antennas but this one picks up both western and eastern arcs which I was told we would need if traveling further north.

The pathway X2 I believe is compatible with your 211 receiver. Call Winegard for confirmation.

When we go camping I call dish and activate the receiver and when we get back home call and deactivate it. No charge to activate/deactivate and cost is $7/mo or about 25 cents/day when activated.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can also recommend the King Tailgater. I liked it because it can be removed from the roof mount and set up on the ground. Carrying it on the roof also saves space in the basement. There are models with one or two outputs, but I understand that both TV's have to be watching the same satellite.

I used stick'ems and tie wraps to run the coax across the roof and down the side where it is covered by the slide when retracted. One coax I brought up under the entertainment center and left the excess coiled behind the TV. The other coax I ran forward on the frame and came up in the docking station. I knew, like everyone else, that there would be some loose coax connections in the RV wiring, but I lucked out and everything worked.

The Dish CS is pretty much a joke, but there's not much to go wrong. I had a bad piece of coax on my first try, but once I got that replaced it all worked well. Highly recommended to initially wire everything direct before connecting to the RV wiring - makes troubleshooting much easier.

BTW, I was playing with the MyDish app on my phone and notice that you can use it to change the local broadcast city. I haven't used it, but it looks much slicker than a voice call.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.