User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic DM2662RBFX Fan Questions

Hello! We just purchased a 2018 2150RB that we absolutely love. On our 2nd trip of owning this TT, we started experiencing some fan noise coming from the fridge. The fan noise got louder and louder and changed from a slight whine to more of a grinding noise, like a bad bearing. Well, after that, the noise stopped completely. I suspect the fan just quit trying. I'm hoping for some help with these questions...

We have a trip planned for this weekend. Can we still use the refrigerator? It seems to work fine, but I don't believe it's receiving the proper cooling from behind the unit; since there is no fan running at all.

If this fan is going to be a problem, what do I need to do to install my own upgraded fan?

I took the slide vent covers (top and bottom) off to have a look and there isn't much to even see. The top is mostly enclosed with plywood. How does that plywood get removed for service? I didn't want to break it.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer!

John

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to DIY on my RV, but I don't dig in to the fridge. It either works or goes to the shop so I can't tell you how to fix it, but ours went out on our maiden voyage. Normal infant mortality so it wasn't a big deal. GD was no help and I long ago learned to avoid dealers as much as possible. I called a local independent shop and they got me right in - said they did a lot of Dometic warranty work. They diagnosed it and Dometic shipped a whole new unit. Didn't cost me anything.

If I were in your shoes, I'd call around for a shop or mobile service and you'll probably find one that knows all about the fans failing and has a replacement in stock. You may have to pay for the service call if they come to you, but the parts/labor should be warrantee.

Never to early to start developing a relationship with a shop or mobile service that really wants your business.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.