User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 Imagine xls 21BHE, just picked it up yesterday!

Hello! My wife and I just picked up a 2019 Imagine xls 21BHE. We’ve had several different types of RVs in the past but this is our first large travel trailer (large by our standards at least ), and our first new anything! We’re excited to get out and camp, and the kids (3 and 6) are super excited about the full over full bunk beds (the “teddy bear” fabric is a big hit with the kids)! Any tips before we head out on our first trip tomorrow? Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Air up the tires, fill the fridge, and go have a great time. If you happen to have an issue, don't let it ruin the maiden voyage. Hope yours is as trouble free as ours.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy! This is a great place, be sure to visit often. Lots of good information and people here.

Welcome!
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff!! Welcome. How have you liked the unit this far? We are in the market and seriously considering this model. A few questions: 1) is the TV in an odd location for watching from the sofa? 2) does the privacy curtain for the “master bed” help at all? 3) can you have the shower curtain opened half way or does it have to go all the way to latch? Think a parent having to help shower a small kid but you don’t want it all the way closed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexykranjec View Post
    Good stuff!! Welcome. How have you liked the unit this far? We are in the market and seriously considering this model. A few questions: 1) is the TV in an odd location for watching from the sofa? 2) does the privacy curtain for the “master bed” help at all? 3) can you have the shower curtain opened half way or does it have to go all the way to latch? Think a parent having to help shower a small kid but you don’t want it all the way closed...
    We love it so far! We have two kids age 6 and 3 so they love having their own space and since the bunks are double over double we don’t have to worry about them out growing them. They love the little privacy curtains on their bunks and the windows and open design are nice so it doesn’t get stuffy in there ( we looked at some trailers with no windows at all in the bunks, I think that would be a mistake).

As for your questions 1) yes, The tv is hard to watch from the sofa, but you can swing it out on the mounting arm facing the back so the kids can watch from the bunks or from the back side of the dinette and that works really well. 2) yes the privacy curtain is helpful 3) the shower doesn’t open half way, all or nothing, but the handheld shower wand has an on off lever on it and the shower is pretty big so I think it still works great for the kids. We can get the kids showered off fine in there without getting water everywhere.

A few other things we’ve noticed: the fridge in the outdoor kitchen is 110v only, not 12v, so we took it out and just use that area for extra storage. The tv is also 110v only. We plan on adding a 12v outlet and inverter there so we can use the tv on battery power when boondocking but we haven’t yet. The rear spray port by the outdoor kitchen and spray port up front for the outdoor shower are great. Overall I think the trailer is a good step up in quality from other trailers we looked at for not a lot more money. We looked at tons of trailers before we bought this one and we don’t have any regrets with our choice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing I forgot to mention. The dealer we bought from said units without a slide usually just come with a single battery, we had them install dual batteries and I highly recommended that. We can camp for a couple days without power with no problem

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you NIdahoFam! We are debating between this, something like the Jayco 26BH, or a unit like this KZ Connect 241BHK where you get a slide out dinette. We really want to keep it basic and get the most bang for our buck. I have to keep reminding myself that we are getting this to CAMP - not necessarily to hang out in the RV all the time. But you do want to be equipped for those moments where you have to stick to the RV. The Grand Design seems to have some extra features that makes it nicer than the others.

I don't know how much boondocking we'll do, but that's good info about the outlets.

Here's a few more specific questions for ya: 1) I’ve heard on these non-ducted AC units the AC can be quite loud. Do you find the AC louder than you’d expect? 2) Hows that single telescoping table pole? I’d think that might make table a bit more wobbly than others, or not really? 3) With the Murphy bed, is it s special mattress, or would any mattress work? My concern is that if I replaced it with a memory foam like this Zinus, it would deform the mattress over time if it bends to fold up...
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006L9VANK..._THzxBb020CA34

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexykranjec View Post
    Thank you NIdahoFam! We are debating between this, something like the Jayco 26BH, or a unit like this KZ Connect 241BHK where you get a slide out dinette. We really want to keep it basic and get the most bang for our buck. I have to keep reminding myself that we are getting this to CAMP - not necessarily to hang out in the RV all the time. But you do want to be equipped for those moments where you have to stick to the RV. The Grand Design seems to have some extra features that makes it nicer than the others.

I don't know how much boondocking we'll do, but that's good info about the outlets.

Here's a few more specific questions for ya: 1) I’ve heard on these non-ducted AC units the AC can be quite loud. Do you find the AC louder than you’d expect? 2) Hows that single telescoping table pole? I’d think that might make table a bit more wobbly than others, or not really? 3) With the Murphy bed, is it s special mattress, or would any mattress work? My concern is that if I replaced it with a memory foam like this Zinus, it would deform the mattress over time if it bends to fold up...
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006L9VANK..._THzxBb020CA34
    I think the ac actually is quite loud. Not obnoxiously loud, and if you like background noise when you sleep then it’s fine. It works well but yes I think it’s a little loud. I like the table, it goes up and down easily on the telescoping pole and it seams pretty sturdy. I like that there are no legs in the way getting in and out of the dinette also. I don’t know if a memory foam mattress would work. If it’s not a very think one it might. The mattress is designed to fold about 1/3 of the way from the top. It’s very stiff. We put a memory foam mattress pad on top and it is a lot more comfortable. We didn’t really want a slide, and I like how the layout feels nice and open even without the extra space of a slide out. We wanted to stick with a shorter trailer too so I like the Murphy bed layout. Good luck with your purchase!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome and enjoy your self

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome--and please post a report after your first trip. Our first nights went very well (I've had mine now for about 3 weeks) with just a few minor newbie mistakes.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)