User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Southern California to Washington State

I am planning for a trip next month from the So Cal desert area, to Washington State. I am looking for suggestions on places to stop/stay, and any must see things along the way. Any help from those with suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
    Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which way are you traveling … up 101, I5, 99 or 395...….. 101 and 395 are the most scenic with lots to do on each route. I5 or 99 will be faster...but pretty boring.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are thinking of Monterey and san Francisco, then possibly over to gold country. After that, looking for destinations in Oregon and Washington as we have never spent any time there.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Sur Campground
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, have you taken your 5th wheel to Big Sur Campground and cabins, if so was it 5th wheel friendly backing into sites?
    We have a reservation there at the end of the month.
    thanks (Jerry, Sorry for hijacking your thread)
    Jeff
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    RAM 3500 SRW Crew Cummins LB 4WD (Stretch)
    Curt A16
    Battle Born Lithium batteries, Victron BMV-712, GoPower 2k Inverter with remote, Zamp 160W portable Solar,
    Custom converter disable switch for inverter use, more mods in the works

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry & Barbara View Post
    I am planning for a trip next month from the So Cal desert area, to Washington State. I am looking for suggestions on places to stop/stay, and any must see things along the way. Any help from those with suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
    Jerry
    We have been to a number of places up and down the coast but on a recent trip we really enjoyed staying at Winchester Bay RV resort @ Winchester Bay, OR. Near Reedsport. This is part of the dunes area. Many of the sites are right on the water or have a view of it. Moes seafood restaurant in nearby Florence is worth a visit if you have time. Have fun and be safe.

Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry & Barbara View Post
    Jerry
    Just out of curiosity, what part of So Cal desert area you leaving from. We live in La Quinta in Coachella Valley. Getting out of the desert before the bad heat starts is a good idea. Safe travels!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually had to cancel my reservation, but according to the front office they had me lined up with spot i could get my 388 into, as long as they know you have a long coach and put you in the right spot hopefully everything will work out. Good luck and let me know how it turns out?
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have a reservation at Turtle Rock RV Resort on the Oregon Coast for July 12th and 13th, if that will work for your dates we can see if they will transfer it to you? I have a non-refundable deposit of one night($55) that is going to go to waste if no one uses it? Mark

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Redwoods RV Resort in Cresent City was another one I was really looking forward to visiting if they have availability? Unfortunately we had to postpone our trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast