User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Jerry - Do you know what GDRV means by "hyper extending" the slide . Might be something I need to know one day .

Rob
    I’ve got no idea. I wish I had gone back to the Service bay and watched but I didn’t.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design Imagine Excuses ! Really disappointed for hard worked retirement savings money and buying piece of crap from Grand Design. About ready to get rid of it. If I can’t find anything better will go back to flying and going back to enjoyable vacations without having to fix something or taking back to dealership after every trip. More frustrations than fun. Sorry for negativity but just relating actual experience. Wife is afraid every time I plan a trip. Afraid of getting killed on highway or something falling off trailer to hurt others. Don’t ask me for details. Don’t have time to list problems. Others I have met at campgrounds have similar pervasive problems.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Hi Jerry - Do you know what GDRV means by "hyper extending" the slide . Might be something I need to know one day .

Rob
    Hi Rob
    Typically hyper-extending the slide would mean removing the box. Supporting it outside of the opening. Not suggested to do by an owner in most cases! Hope this helps!

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I was so excited to finally get our first fifth wheel...a brand new 303 Reflection. Yet, the enthusiasm has quickly dissipated. We’ve had it less than two weeks and keep finding more and more issues. The issue that scares me the most is that the kitchen slide has already damaged the flooring (after only half a dozen cycles). The dealer made an adjustment to the thing but it still drags on the floor pretty hard. Personally, I dont think it its going to solve the issue (after the floor gets repaired) and I’m afraid to use it.
    I’ve also found little things like:
    1. A window screw sticks out thru the aluminum frame into the window well.
    2. Bathroom Interior molding that was broken.
    3. Bathroom door...hole behind the striker plate is not aligned with the lock. Door wont stay closed.
    4. Both usb ports are defective.
    5. Fridge has three cracked shelves.
    6. Dealer issue. Had a solar panel installed. They only caulked half way around the roof brackets.
    And theres more.

From what I’ve read people love their 303’s. Is it just me?
    I know there are always issues and I’m sorry for sounding so disgruntled; but, I thought you should know.
    Sincerely,
    Brian
    Brian
    Thank you for putting this info out there. We are sorry you are not fully satisfied with your 303. Have you reached out to our support team? We would like to be involved in getting things handled in a timely manner for you. Our phone # is 574-825-9679 and email is [email protected]

Please let me know if there is anything I can personally do in the mean time!

Emily Stahley
    Director of Social Media
    Grand Design RV

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Hi Rob
    Typically hyper-extending the slide would mean removing the box. Supporting it outside of the opening. Not suggested to do by an owner in most cases! Hope this helps!
    Hi Emily,

If you go back to Jerry’s post #8, he noted that “hyper extending” did not require removing the slide .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Hi Emily,

If you go back to Jerry&#8 217;s post #8 , he noted that &#8 220;hyper extending&#8 221; did not require removing the slide .

Rob
    Hi Rob!
    I did reach out to our service team here in Middlebury. Here is what they stated:

To hyper extend a slide means that all of the electrical, LP, and/or water lines stay intact and you remove the interior fascia, backer, and the nuts on the end of the shaft. You then support the weight of the room with some sort of jack system and push it out a few inches from the opening to change out wipe seals or to change linoleum. The room is physically removed the opening, but the important things stay in tact to make it easier to put back together."

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rob!
    I did reach out to our service team here in Middlebury. Here is what they stated:

To hyper extend a slide means that all of the electrical, LP, and/or water lines stay intact and you remove the interior fascia, backer, and the nuts on the end of the shaft. You then support the weight of the room with some sort of jack system and push it out a few inches from the opening to change out wipe seals or to change linoleum. The room is physically removed the opening, but the important things stay in tact to make it easier to put back together."
    Hi Emily - Makes sense to me . Thanks for the follow-up!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian
    Thank you for putting this info out there. We are sorry you are not fully satisfied with your 303. Have you reached out to our support team? We would like to be involved in getting things handled in a timely manner for you. Our phone # is 574-825-9679 and email is [email protected]

Please let me know if there is anything I can personally do in the mean time!

Emily Stahley
    Director of Social Media
    Grand Design RV
    We have a reflections 33 5th wheel RL. Any idea Why we have what looks like ping pong balls coming out from underneath the kitchen slide. For over the past year, we have gotten about 15 or 20 of white and Orange balls that come out from underneath it. And currently have about 6 of them flattened out underneath it.

Matt J

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We have a reflections 33 5th wheel RL. Any idea Why we have what looks like ping pong balls coming out from underneath the kitchen slide. For over the past year, we have gotten about 15 or 20 of white and Orange balls that come out from underneath it. And currently have about 6 of them flattened out underneath it.

Matt J

Pictures of what you're seeing would help.
    My only other thought is that you have a male trailer and it has balls!

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Pictures of what you're seeing would help.
    My only other thought is that you have a male trailer and it has balls!

Their Orange or white and look just like ping pong balls. I would try to get them out from underneath the slide for a better picture, but the trailer is in the shop again with a AC and stereo/DVD problems again. E-4 code on the AC an the stereo only working intermittently still.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast