User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brand new 303 quality issues.

I was so excited to finally get our first fifth wheel...a brand new 303 Reflection. Yet, the enthusiasm has quickly dissipated. We’ve had it less than two weeks and keep finding more and more issues. The issue that scares me the most is that the kitchen slide has already damaged the flooring (after only half a dozen cycles). The dealer made an adjustment to the thing but it still drags on the floor pretty hard. Personally, I dont think it its going to solve the issue (after the floor gets repaired) and I’m afraid to use it.
    I’ve also found little things like:
    1. A window screw sticks out thru the aluminum frame into the window well.
    2. Bathroom Interior molding that was broken.
    3. Bathroom door...hole behind the striker plate is not aligned with the lock. Door wont stay closed.
    4. Both usb ports are defective.
    5. Fridge has three cracked shelves.
    6. Dealer issue. Had a solar panel installed. They only caulked half way around the roof brackets.
    And theres more.

From what I’ve read people love their 303’s. Is it just me?
    I know there are always issues and I’m sorry for sounding so disgruntled; but, I thought you should know.
    Sincerely,
    Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off let me say that I am sorry to hear about your disappointment. We just bought a 312BHTS, took delivery last December. The list of defects that you have is a little shorter than ours was. But yet I am still in love with the camper. This is our first new camper, we have owned campers for about 20 years now but we have always bought used ones. Kids grown now and it was time for a change so we decided to splurge on a new camper. Looking around, we kept coming back to the Reflection, it had the most important features and the floor plan that we wanted and the reputation was excellent.

I do, however, know someone with a lot of experience with new campers. One of my camping buddies has bought 3 or 4 new campers over the years from various manufacturers. He had a list of repairs on each and every one of them, things that were wrong from the factory. And I am talking some major doozies, the camper he has now has had all three slide systems replaced.

On our Reflection, we had a list of repairs and the dealership (although they were a bit of a pain to deal with) took care of every one of them. I did speak with Grand Design directly on a couple of items, and Grand Design support exceeded expectations every time.

I guess the moral of the story is I had expectations going in that there would be issues. My advice to you is know that there will always be things to work on with your camper, even in a new camper. If the dealer isn't giving you what you need, call the Grand Design customer support number and I am sure they will help you get these things resolved. I find the one saving grace is that Grand Design is great to deal with and so far has always stepped up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear you are having so many issues. We took delivery of our 2018 303RLS in january. Set it up in a winter camp that first weekend and have been using it about every other weekend all year long. I can't say we have had any problems.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re new to the forum. We bought a 2019 Reflection 303RLS the end of May. Had to wait to take delivery because the kitchen slide tore the floor. It was adjusted and we went camping last week. Got home and moved the slide out and tore the floor again. Am wondering if they have an issue. It’s at the dealer now. 350 mile round trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    303 and 337 have similar if not identical kitchen slides.

My 337 was denting the floor by the kitchen island. There are 2 rollers under the slides that allow the weight of the slide to roll on these after the slide goes over center when slide is brought in. My roller under the slide by the island had slipped off the “axle”. The nylon end plate was contacting the floor and causing a dent.

I had dealer replace the roller but did not have the replace the floor since dent was minimal.

You may want to check to see if these rollers are in place and not damaged.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the exception of the slide issue, the rest of your concerns are very easily fixable. The slide may be out of alignment or the roller(s) may need to be replaced. If your dealer is not able to correctly fix the slide, call GD and ask for another option such as a mobile repair service.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Jerry and Linda,
    My flooring is being torn by the island as well.
    As you said it contacts the floor after it goes “over center”.
    Does the roller run directly on the floor?
    Did you remove the trim to see it?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s hard to see the roller unless you get your eye right on the floor. I took my pictures with my iphone. The iPhone lens is about 1/4” off the floor.

If you take a flashlight and get on the floor open the area where the damage is you may be able to see the roller. Extend the slide fully and light that area up. It’s about 3” wide. Mine was light gray, almost white, but the parts list on the Grand Design site shows a gray roller. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...rts/detail/662

I’ll attach a few pictures of mine. The dealer was able to replace it in about 1 hour. Grand Design told me it can be replaced by ‘hyper extending’ the slide and slide didn’t need to be removed.

Here’s a few pictures I took of mine.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko2tQVcNwlc

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jerry. Our slide tore about a 2 inch circular hole in the vinyl both times. It’s at the dealer now. I’ll call them this week to find out if they found the problem. The trim board on the bottom also broke when it drug across the raised flooring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Grand Design told me it can be replaced by ‘hyper extending’ the slide and slide didn’t need to be removed.
    Hi Jerry - Do you know what GDRV means by "hyper extending" the slide . Might be something I need to know one day .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast