User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it my imagination or are the bulk of the busted hoses at the hot water heater outlet?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my previous travel trailer I would always try to remember to turn th water off when leaving the unit unattended. I would also never leave the hot water heater on all of the time. I found that it would only take about 15 minutes to get hot water for a shower. Also would open the hot tap after hot water heater had been on for about 5-10 minutes and let out some excess pressure that would build up.

I know it is frustrating to have to do this on a unit so expensive. My previous travel trailer was cheap compared to these units. But until a change is made it probably ain’t a bad idea to take these preventative measures and HOPEFULLY they will help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that the hot water is extremely hot, maybe the temperature being too high causes issues, it there any way to lower the temperature?
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following this "always shut the water off when you leave the trailer" logic . . . that is a good plan, if you always remember to walk around back and do this. We try to, but sometimes we forget. Part of my plumbing redesign and rebuild is to incorporate a solenoid operated ball valve at the water inlet connection. This is wired to the hot water heater switch. So, as long as I can remember to shut off the electric water heater switch at the main panel when we leave, the water will be shut off too.

WRT the temperature of the water . . . the standard water heater thermostat is 140F (I think) which is pretty normal. The problem is the hose, not the water temperature . . . no one has ever reported a Pex tubing failure, which is what all the plumbing should be (in my opinion). Except for Aridon's recent situation, these other hose failures are on trailers that have been in service for 4 years.

There are two hose failures mixed into this discussion. One is the drip leak at a hose to Pex fitting that has been disturbed. The second is a burst hose which is much more serious but also much less frequent. But . . . the oldest GDRV products are only 4 or 5 years old and the two examples so far are on these early production units . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - do you think the change in the color of the flex piping is related to the quality of it. I've got the white flex pipe and I'm not showing any type of bulging in my 2014 Solitude. I'm fixing a leak in the black tank flush line where the flex joins the pex and while I'm at it, I think I'll replace the flex with pex wherever I can.
    Patrick & Marla with Boomer and Sooner

2007 Chev 2500 Allison Duramax
    2014 Solitude 368RD

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phansen404 View Post
    Rob - do you think the change in the color of the flex piping is related to the quality of it. I've got the white flex pipe and I'm not showing any type of bulging in my 2014 Solitude. I'm fixing a leak in the black tank flush line where the flex joins the pex and while I'm at it, I think I'll replace the flex with pex wherever I can.
    Hi Patrick - That is a possibility. I have seen pictures of the earliest builds that have white hose rather than the red/blue/black. It is certainly possible that this is a better product or perhaps fits the Pex fittings better. The only burst hoses documented so far are red water heater exit hoses on 2014/2015 Reflections. I have encountered the drip leaks from both red and blue hose to Pex fitting connections.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, we are now all Pex and the problem with the hot water heater was a corroded “brown” wire with the resister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has to be a major contribution for peace of mind.

Were there any lines that disappeared and were hard to route the replacement?
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mike - I have a picture just like that .

Rob

Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    That has to be a major contribution for peace of mind.

Were there any lines that disappeared and were hard to route the replacement?
    John - All the soft hose is in the “plumbing basement” behind the pass through wall, except the black hose to the black tank flush. The lines that leave this area and go to the kitchen island are already Pex. (At least on the 303 . . . the 337 is probably the same)

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast