User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could find someone with a 397TH that had changed all the hose over to PEX. Hopefully it would not be too much more hose to change than what y’all had to deal with. If I do buy the Grand Design I don’t think I could rest easy until I got rid of the hose. I did ask over on the Dutchmen forum if the newer voltages have any of this rubber hose. So far all of the replies have been all PEX and no hose.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    John - All the soft hose is in the “plumbing basement” behind the pass through wall, except the black hose to the black tank flush. The lines that leave this area and go to the kitchen island are already Pex. (At least on the 303 . . . the 337 is probably the same)

Rob
    Thanks, Rob. Sounds like another - for now, non-urgent - mod for the list. I'm afraid that once it starts it will include a clean up of the wiring, then the ducting, then I'm sure I'll find something else. <G>

Thinking back - every time I got the todo list worked off on an RV, was when my wife decided we needed a bigger RV. I guess I should be thankful to have a long list.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I'm afraid that once it starts it will include a clean up of the wiring, then the ducting, then I'm sure I'll find something else.
    LOL! . . . I am very familiar with that “process”! I once pulled a car engine to solve an oil leak . . . and as I eventually sat there looking at the empty body shell in primer . . . I wondered “hmmm . . . how did I get here

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeRoy View Post
    I wish I could find someone with a 397TH that had changed all the hose over to PEX. Hopefully it would not be too much more hose to change than what y’all had to deal with. If I do buy the Grand Design I don’t think I could rest easy until I got rid of the hose. I did ask over on the Dutchmen forum if the newer voltages have any of this rubber hose. So far all of the replies have been all PEX and no hose.
    Don’t know if I’d put much stock into what others think is Pex. Many people mistake Pex for the flexible tubing in RV’s.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Don’t know if I’d put much stock into what others think is Pex. Many people mistake Pex for the flexible tubing in RV’s.
    Yeah I was thinking that very same thing.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could find someone with a 397TH that had changed all the hose over to PEX.
    I agree with minnow 101 that most folks taking a "casual" look at their plumbing on any brand RV, are going to think all those tubes/pipes are generic "Pex". Earlier info (from GDRV) is that use of the soft hose is common in the RV industry.

Someone else posted the attached picture a while ago on another thread. (Sorry . . . I can't remember who, but I saved the picture as a best example of the plumbing "rat's nest"). I also can't remember if this is a Solitude or a Momentum but they will be very similar. This picture includes the Nautilus controls rather than the previous Kantleak valve. From this one picture it is pretty easy to see which lines are hose and which are Pex tubing. The braid in the hose is visible as a textured surface whereas the Pex tubing is smooth. Something you might want to look at before making an "informed" purchase of a Momentum.

Rob

Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure does seem to be a pile of hose there that could be PEX WITHOUT VIOLATING any PEX bend radius guidelines!!! I sure do wish they would at least minimize the use of this hose. Thanks a ton for the picture Rob.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure does seem to be a pile of hose there that could be PEX WITHOUT VIOLATING any PEX bend radius guidelines!!! I sure do wish they would at least minimize the use of this hose. Thanks a ton for the picture Rob.
    I don't remember seeing guidelines for PEX radii., but for bends tighter than the tubing will easily conform to, on installs I have done (not RV) I use a heat gun to tighten up the radius. There is a bit of a learning curve here for sure. I am using some 1/2 and 3/4 inch at a system pressure of 145 psi.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post
    I don't remember seeing guidelines for PEX radii., but for bends tighter than the tubing will easily conform to, on installs I have done (not RV) I use a heat gun to tighten up the radius. There is a bit of a learning curve here for sure. I am using some 1/2 and 3/4 inch at a system pressure of 145 psi.
    From https://www.pexuniverse.com/pex-tubing-technical-specs

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bend supports with about a 4" radius are available for 1/2" Pex, at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pex bend support.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast