Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Owner - Reflection 303RLS

My wife and I tent camped on our honeymoon in 62 and have camped in pop ups, motorcycle campers, travel trailers and camped in both Asia and Europe. Now we are older and wanted something a lot nicer than the camping units we've had in the past. We purchased our new Reflection in Colton CA, and during walk through found the floor had been damaged by a rock caught under the kitchen slide out. So it sits until repairs can be done. We're anxious to have it in our drive way, not the dealers lot.

We are looking forward to many years of seeing the USA again and again, north, south, east and west.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome from another 303 owner.
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! We love our 303! It is a very well thought out floor plan.
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your 303
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the 303. We really loved that floor plan, but nearly (oh heck every-time) we decide to go camping we have 8 at the least and 13 at the most, so we had to get the bigger 311BHS. Surprisingly even with the entire brood it has plenty of room.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do appreciate the welcome. It's been a goat rope on my part as well as the people we've been working with to get our FIVER. We went to look at a 303RLS or something like that that we could park in our drive way that had to be under 35'. Well instead of just looking we ended up buying. Then during the walk through the floor was found damaged from a rock caught under the kitchen slide. Then we saw that the door wouldn't close unless you used the superman slam. So all that had to be fixed. Then we had to hurry and get a hitch for our truck's 6½ foot bed. Everyone wanted to sell me a manual slider hitch and I wanted an automatic slider and settled on a Demco hitch. Then just trying to get it delivered has been a hassle. By the last week of June we hope to have everything ready and the hitch installed.

My wife and I spent 42 years with the USAF and she stayed with me through the days of $79 a month and she worked as a nurse. After getting into the USAF, I got involved with unusual aircraft and ended up spending 18 years overseas in both Asia and Europe, usually passing through the states just long enough to say hi to the relatives and be gone again. Finally we had one son and my wife said she was through traveling even though we'd had a great time. So I retired from active duty and after a year working for a contractor I got a job in civil service doing the same job I did as a GI, but I didn't have to travel as much. It was a geat life and we were able to camp in some really wonderful and sometimes strange places. But every place we've been, has been an adventure and now as we're both in our mid 70s its time to do something new, since our son is long gone and almost 50 years old and a high school teacher, we have things to do and places to go. We look forwards to reading comments and issues with the Grand Design trailers and hopefully learn from the problems others may have. Every day is an adventure .

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In July we're leaving from the desert in CA for a trip to visit friends in New Hampshire then across Canada to MN to visit family members before we work our way home. As far as our Fiver goes, after the floor was repaired we got it home and as soon as we opened the Number 1 slide the floor covering was torn off again. Back to the dealer and the whole slide had to be removed to repair a broken brace that holds the refrigerator in place. Finally after buying our trailer in June 2018 we finally got it back in December 2018. Now everything seems to be working well and we hope we have a great trip this summer. So, from a 303RLS owner still with little experience in our trailer, we wish you a great time with your rig as well. Sorry for not saying HI earlier.
    Gene Sannes (fantom II) as I was with the F-4 aircraft Phantom II, from the time the Air Force first got them until they became drones to be shot down almost 40+ years later.