User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dometic refrigerator DM2862 LP function not working when AC power removed

Just bought a new Reflection 295RL. I have noticed that if I have the refrigerator set to gas or automatic, the LP function works fine. As soon as I remove AC power from the RV I can hear the refrigerator try to ignite but never does. Like it’s not getting gas when only on battery. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ford F-250

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something doesn't make sense on gas mode the unit only uses gad and DC not AC. If gas mode works when on AC then you have a DC voltage problem from your battery that AC power is.masking.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you bled the propane line by lighting the stove or made sure you have enough propane and the valves are open? Sometimes the simple stuff gets overlooked.

Edit, I see your post said it works fine with AC on. That seems strange, any error codes on the fridge?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Have you bled the propane line by lighting the stove or made sure you have enough propane and the valves are open? Sometimes the simple stuff gets overlooked.

Edit, I see your post said it works fine with AC on. That seems strange, any error codes on the fridge?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The check light comes on. There’s no place for an error code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ford F-250

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuess View Post
    The check light comes on. There’s no place for an error code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ok, just for.clarification. solid yellow light means good. Flashing is error. Also just to be 100%sure you say running with the switch in gas mode ( you can see the flame) is fine when hooked. Up to shore power right?

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Ok, just for.clarification. solid yellow light means good. Flashing is error. Also just to be 100%sure you say running with the switch in gas mode ( you can see the flame) is fine when hooked. Up to shore power right?

Jim
    The “Check” light is solid yellow when attempting to run the refrigerator on Gas with just the RV battery. You can hear and see the spark attempt to light.
    When connected to shore power, AC, the refrigerator works fine on gas. You hear and see the flame in the back of the refrigerator.
    And just for clarification, I have not noticed any other issues regarding my DC system in the RV. Everything else seems to be functioning normally.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ford F-250

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The “Check” light is solid yellow when attempting to run the refrigerator on Gas with just the RV battery. You can hear and see the spark attempt to light.
    When connected to shore power, AC, the refrigerator works fine on gas. You hear and see the flame in the back of the refrigerator.
    And just for clarification, I have not noticed any other issues regarding my DC system in the RV. Everything else seems to be functioning normally.
    Ok, so on mine (and how it is supposed to work from my understanding) is it attempts to light a few times then gives up if it can’t and the yellow light flashes to tell you there is something wrong. For giggles when you have the hatch open can you get to where the AC plugs in? If so while running on forced gas ( you see the flame) unplug the fridge from AC power and see what results you get. Like I mentioned on gas mode you really should only be using dc power for the control and gas for the heat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Ok, so on mine (and how it is supposed to work from my understanding) is it attempts to light a few times then gives up if it can’t and the yellow light flashes to tell you there is something wrong. For giggles when you have the hatch open can you get to where the AC plugs in? If so while running on forced gas ( you see the flame) unplug the fridge from AC power and see what results you get. Like I mentioned on gas mode you really should only be using dc power for the control and gas for the heat.
    Is your refrigerator a Dometic?

2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ford F-250

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your refrigerator a Dometic?

I sincerely apologize. I missed that ours is a domestic. That being said, I had a domestic in the last rig and the principle still applies that in gas mode it doesn’t use AC but rather dc for control and gas for heat.

Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just bought a new Reflection 295RL. I have noticed that if I have the refrigerator set to gas or automatic, the LP function works fine. As soon as I remove AC power from the RV I can hear the refrigerator try to ignite but never does. Like it’s not getting gas when only on battery. Any ideas?

So it seems my refrigerator will not work on gas when AC power is removed AND the slide is all the way in. Would this be a safety feature to prevent you from running your refrigerator on gas while driving?

2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ford F-250

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast