User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    I meant call the manufacturer of the window/shade and ask them. It's possible that shade is not designed to fit the window you have in your door.
    It is made to fit rv doors with a glass size 21x12 inside measure which mine is, The issue as I have stated is lippert has decided to recreate the wheel so to say and made my window without screws it appears there might be little tabs inside the lip but i cant figure how to get to them when i get back from my trip in 2 weeks iam going to either figure it out or break it.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the Slim Shade you have to open the door and then open the screen door from the main door to open or close the blind.

With the CloZures Shutter, you do not have to open the door to open or close the blind. It's kind of like vertical blinds between the two panes of glass. https://www.amazon.com/CloZures-cont...oZures+Shutter
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    With the Slim Shade you have to open the door and then open the screen door from the main door to open or close the blind.

With the CloZures Shutter, you do not have to open the door to open or close the blind. It's kind of like vertical blinds between the two panes of glass. https://www.amazon.com/CloZures-cont...oZures+Shutter
    I looked an several and I like the slim shade but the Clozure shutter blocks half the window I had them send a sample and I didn't like it and I thought of doing a plain shade like I had in my MH but those have there issues too.
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 Solitude 344gk. I just replaced the clear plexiglass window with black glass that matches the rest of the unit. My unit does not have the screws on the inside. You have to order a kit from lippert that contains 16 plastic clips that widen the snaps so the window frame can be removed. Some of the clips tended to bend and not release the clips. I had to very gently use a correct size screwdriver and manage to get the few to release. Note: the Slim Shade would not fit my unit as it was about an inch too short and an inch to narrow. Call Lippert with the number on the sticker on the hinge side of your door and they can get you the correct window size.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dfrauhiger View Post
    I have a 2018 Solitude 344gk. I just replaced the clear plexiglass window with black glass that matches the rest of the unit. My unit does not have the screws on the inside. You have to order a kit from lippert that contains 16 plastic clips that widen the snaps so the window frame can be removed. Some of the clips tended to bend and not release the clips. I had to very gently use a correct size screwdriver and manage to get the few to release. Note: the Slim Shade would not fit my unit as it was about an inch too short and an inch to narrow. Call Lippert with the number on the sticker on the hinge side of your door and they can get you the correct window size.

I want to put in a Slim shade it measures the same size as the current window and frame i really need to know how to remove the old frame and glass
    Heres the reponse from Lippert
    "Good morning,
    Thank you for your email. While we recommend taking it in to a dealership and are unable to instruct you on how to remove, replace or modify, I have provided a link to our website for the windows that might help you. I do hope this helps.

https://www.lci1.com/windows

Thank you

K R

Contact Center Technical Representative
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Replacement instructions

I can’t post a pic of the instructions from Lippert but it is titled “RV Entry Door Pressed Window Replacement”. The reference number is TI-279. Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t post a pic of the instructions from Lippert but it is titled “RV Entry Door Pressed Window Replacement”. The reference number is TI-279. Hope that helps.
    Here you go: https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...eplacement.pdf
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about replacing my glass with tinted to match the other windows. After reviewing this procedure, I smell fiasco.
    What happened to good ol' screws?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    I thought about replacing my glass with tinted to match the other windows. After reviewing this procedure, I smell fiasco.
    What happened to good ol' screws?
    Is your setup the same, no screws? When I get this worked out I will post the results.
    2018 315 RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I sent you a PM It is funny that when I called Lippert they didn't mention anything about the clips and said I would damage the door if I removed the window, they have no clue.
    2018 315 RLTS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast