User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the pics it take 2 per slot slide 1 in and then another and move it around till you loosen the attachment and the pry the plastic frame out
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	win1.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	17595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	win2.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	17596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	win3.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	17597
    Last edited by colo native; 02-10-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    General RV just put the Slim Shade on sale, we called and reserved one for when we go up there next - then saw that it wouldn't be such an easy install after all. Thanks for this post - saved me buying the Lippert window keys - I hope!
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    Ford F-250
    Demco Hijacker hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking to install the Slim Shade in our 2019 297 RSTS, any suggestions on which vendor to purchase from? Thanks for the tip on the Popsicle sticks, may try that before giving Lippert my $25. How do you measure the window without taking it out?
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Looking to install the Slim Shade in our 2019 297 RSTS, any suggestions on which vendor to purchase from? Thanks for the tip on the Popsicle sticks, may try that before giving Lippert my $25. How do you measure the window without taking it out?
    I believe I got mine from Camping world they had it on sale plus I had a coupon, I think they are all the same size just get a rough measurement from the glass and you will know.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're not concerned about saving the plastic clips on the factory frame (I wasn't, you've got the new frame right?) just pull hard, they'll break off. Pry up a corner, put something wide and sturdy under your pry tool so you don't dent the door. Once up enough to get a fingertip under, do so and pull. It goes really quickly.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the slim shade today on my 303RLS. The install went very well. Thanks for the popsicle stick tip for removing the old window. It worked well but did take a little finesse and re-positioning of the sticks at times to get the clips to release. I only broke one clip but it doesn't really matter as I doubt I will ever want to re-use the old window anyway.

The shade was a little hard to move up and down at first just like seen in some of the YouTube videos. The lip on the shade where you grasp it is on the front edge of the shade bottom's horizontal bar which makes the horizontal bar want to rotate putting pressure on the vertical side channel's lip and window. I put some silicone spray on a rag and wiped it on the side channel and cord and cleaned the window with Invisible Glass and it now moves up and down with ease.

I found it interesting that the small label in the glass in the lower right corner had the LCI initials inside the circle logo. It would seem that the Slim Shade, or at least the glass, is made by Lippert for AP products or AP products is owned by or a division of Lippert.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the Slim Shade unit today. I had no intentions of keeping the original glass or frame. When I realized that I had the "snap together" style of screw less frame I knew that I wasn't buying the $20-$25 shim kit to remove the frame without damage. I inserted a small hook tool into one of the slots and turned it all sorts of ways trying to release the "tabs". It didn't work so I started pulling and ripping. I got it off and took some pictures. I wanted to share those here for anyone who intends to remove this style of frame without damaging it with the release tools or the Popsicle stick trick.

First, I recommend picking up one of these $12 tools from Harbor Freight. They are very useful for this and SO many other things (grab handle on the side of your rig, hold a cabinet door in place while you screw it in, pull a dent out of the roof of a friends truck... can you hear the experience here?)

Name:	IMG_20200415_114015_3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	25921

Here are a couple of pictures of the "tabs". I thought they were tabs that needed to be pressed one way or another to release. They are in fact, opposing tabs that need to be separated to release a barbed stud.

Name:	IMG_20200415_121717_2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	25922

Name:	IMG_20200415_121724_1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	25923

Here is how the two halves connect.

Name:	IMG_20200415_121759_3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	25924

This is how they look when fully engaged. I have doubts as to how well they would hold and maintain a seal against the outside of the door when reused but, there are 16 of them, so...

Name:	IMG_20200415_121839_7.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	25925

Anyhow, I hope this is helpful to someone who plans to do this in the future.
    Last edited by BadDecisionsRV; 04-15-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, So quick question about the AP Slim Shade Window Replacement Kit. I have a 2020 GD 2600 RB, the current frosted entry door window has 16 clips and I suspect the new kit has screws (haven't opened the box yet) is this an issue?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not an issue. The screws don't attach to the door itself, only to the two halves of the new frame.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why everyone is so worried about handling those clips properly. Are you saving the old window frame for some reason? Once you get one frame corner pried up just yank and break the clips off. Once I figured that out removing my second window took under a minute I'm sure.
    Last edited by DarthMuffin; 08-17-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast