Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    So...Endurance vs G614???
    Depends on the situation. The G614's are not available in 15in, and with the G614 being a stiffer tire (14-ply) running at 110PSI - it may not be the best choice for some of the lighter units. If I had a heavy unit, 16in wheels capable of 110PSI... then the G614 or Sailun equivalent would definitely be my choice. For someone with a lighter unit or 15in wheels, then take a look at the Endurance which is an 80psi, 10-ply LR-E tire with an 87mph speed rating (not that you would ever go that fast) and yes, made in USA. In my case, I upgraded to 16in wheels, but my unit only has a 11K GVWR and didn't want it bouncing down the road. I chose the Endurance 235/85R16 which gave me a much needed increase in height over the stock 15 wheels/tires. I cruise at 70mph if traffic permits, with 2,600mi on the new tires. Running temps are about 10deg above ambient on the freeway (monitor with Tire Minder A1A) and so far very happy.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you have a set of well balanced Goodyears instead of a set of non balanced Westlakes.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    I just put a set of Endurance on my enclosed trailer. ST205-75-15. The 5-year old Carlisles I replaced were C rated and I noticed these Endurance are D rated. They are all made in the USA, a couple in late 2017 and the other two in 2018. Bought at Discount Tire and cost $565 installed. I don't buy road hazard warranties as I consider them a complete waste of money in the long haul. Blew a tire once with a road hazard warranty on it. Discount replaced the tire and I was left with a destroyed fender, where the real money is spent.

I've pulled this trailer a lot of miles and I did notice right away that it pulled smoother with less bouncing. Maybe it was just new tires that were balanced, I don't know. The Endurance tires look impressive and I hope I can get 5 years out of them.
    Leon,
    I moved from a ST205/75R-15 D to a ST225/75R15 E and run the Endurance tires at the same 65 psi and immediately noticed less chucking and a much smoother ride. Both my original Westlakes and the new Endurance tires were/are balanced. Its too early to determine fuel economy gains or losses.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Leon,
    I moved from a ST205/75R-15 D to a ST225/75R15 E and run the Endurance tires at the same 65 psi and immediately noticed less chucking and a much smoother ride. Both my original Westlakes and the new Endurance tires were/are balanced. Its too early to determine fuel economy gains or losses.
    What impressed me most is that I went from a C rated Carlisle to a D rated Endurance and the trailer pulled smoother than it ever has. It's a 16 foot enclosed trailer that I use to haul motorcycles, ATVs and of course the inevitable moving of my kids 15 times as they move out, back in, to a college dorm, back home and on and on. I have always hated this trailer since it was new in 2009 for the way it pulls with tons of chucking and clunking, but for the first time it pulled smooth. I haven't changed anything on it except the tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed Monday. Actually had to use the spare to get there because one of the Westlakes went flat. After seeing the flex and general construction of the Westlakes off the rim I am so glad I upgraded to the GY Endurance tires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG3081.jpg   IMAG3082.jpg  
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    '17 Ram 3500 CTD Sport CC 4x4
    B&W RVK3600

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog66 View Post
    Installed Monday. Actually had to use the spare to get there because one of the Westlakes went flat. After seeing the flex and general construction of the Westlakes off the rim I am so glad I upgraded to the GY Endurance tires.
    I like the verbiage Goodyear puts right on the sidewall. "For Max Load Inflate to 80 PSI". So for loads below the maximum specification, Goodyear is good with lower pressures as specified on their load chart. I really like the way they are doing this.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    I like the verbiage Goodyear puts right on the sidewall. "For Max Load Inflate to 80 PSI". So for loads below the maximum specification, Goodyear is good with lower pressures as specified on their load chart. I really like they way they are doing this.
    And how large it is on the picture posted by Roaddog66........don't even need my readers !

This approach is consistent with all the feedback we received from forum member tire industry expert and veteran, RickTulsa who confirmed this same understanding by most of us. I have referenced RickTulsa a number of times on the forum and I encourage folks to read his posts covering most all things tires. Excellent knowledgeable and factual information.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    And how large it is on the picture posted by Roaddog66........don't even need my readers !

This approach is consistent with all the feedback we received from forum member tire industry expert and veteran, RickTulsa who confirmed this same understanding by most of us. I have referenced RickTulsa a number of times on the forum and I encourage folks to read his posts covering most all things tires. Excellent knowledgeable and factual information.

Dan
    Dan,
    I have read the feedback from RickTulsa and its excellent. I also have an advantage where I have a close friend who is a development engineer at Goodyear. The reason I state the tire pressure versus load is that I still see some folks that will upgrade and will use higher than needed pressure which will pound their suspensions into oblivion. There is a ton of knowledge on this forum where I have learned a great deal in issue discovery and appropriate solutions.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    I chose the Endurance 235/85R16 which gave me a much needed increase in height over the stock 15 wheels/tires. I cruise at 70mph if traffic permits, with 2,600mi on the new tires. Running temps are about 10deg above ambient on the freeway (monitor with Tire Minder A1A) and so far very happy.
    As you know from FTE, we have basically the same setup. When I had originally looked at upgrading to 16" wheels/tires, I somehow got the impression that ST235/80R16 were the max size that I could use and I plopped that info into my "future upgrades" spreadsheet. Now I can't quite recall where I got that size. In any case, you've gone even taller with 85R16 which is better for me in terms of leveling the trailer. What kind of clearance do you have above the tires now (how much travel before they smack the bottom of the trailer)? Any evidence that they've hit in the last 2600 miles?

Thank you!
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    As you know from FTE, we have basically the same setup. When I had originally looked at upgrading to 16" wheels/tires, I somehow got the impression that ST235/80R16 were the max size that I could use and I plopped that info into my "future upgrades" spreadsheet. Now I can't quite recall where I got that size. In any case, you've gone even taller with 85R16 which is better for me in terms of leveling the trailer. What kind of clearance do you have above the tires now (how much travel before they smack the bottom of the trailer)? Any evidence that they've hit in the last 2600 miles?

Thank you!
    Measured over the weekend. At 4in clearance above the tires, and 4in of clearance between the tires. No signs of rubbing on the underside.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast