User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodyear Endurance ST Tires

This is just a heads up for current/future tire shoppers, but if anybody is considering the swap to USA made tires the Goodyear website is having a sale of 15% off these Endurance ST tires plus free shipping to your installer. That's about $103/tire after discount plus mount/balance fees and tax (size 225/75r15). Basically the same cost as the OEM Chinese ones (Westlake Super ST) I currently have.

I just ordered a full set (5) for my GD30BH. Can't wait to get these installed next month. The reviews are very positive and the fact they are USA made, E-load, with better sidewall protection is a definite benefit for longer hauls.

I've had 3 of my RV buddies experience blowouts while traveling on their OEM Chinese tires (not certain of the exact tire brands), but it has me concerned enough to move away from them. One of my Westlake tires seems to have a developed a slow leak, so my confidence for longer trips is zero.
    Last edited by RoadDog66; 06-18-2018 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added size
    '17 Reflection 30BH
    '17 Ram 3500 CTD Sport CC 4x4
    B&W RVK3600

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog66 View Post
    This is just a heads up for current/future tire shoppers, but if anybody is considering the swap to USA made tires the Goodyear website is having a sale of 15% off these Endurance ST tires plus free shipping to your installer. That's about $103/tire after discount plus mount/balance fees and tax (size 225/75r15). Basically the same cost as the OEM Chinese ones (Westlake Super ST) I currently have.

I just ordered a full set (5) for my GD30BH. Can't wait to get these installed next month. The reviews are very positive and the fact they are USA made, E-load, with better sidewall protection is a definite benefit for longer hauls.

I've had 3 of my RV buddies experience blowouts while traveling on their OEM Chinese tires (not certain of the exact tire brands), but it has me concerned enough to move away from them. One of my Westlake tires seems to have a developed a slow leak, so my confidence for longer trips is zero.
    I have Goodyear Endurance tires on my Imagine 2600RB and so far I'm satisfied. I sold my 5 Westlake tires ( no issues in 2 seasons and 2k miles) for $175.00 that will be used on a steel fender car hauler.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I spent a pile of cash for a 2018 Chevy dually with Michellin tires that would have to be changed out for winter mountain tires here in Canada. My last 2 trucks I put Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar tires on and loved them! Great long lasting tough tires! So I traded the Michellins and some more cash for 6 Goodyears! Surprise, Surprise! They're made in China! Were the last 2 sets made there? I never really paid much attention to manufacturing country origin until reading this forum that calls them china bombs! They must have some, good manufacturing for Goodyear to buy from them?
    2018 344GK. 2018 Chevy 3500 dually.
    Live every moment, because every day is a good day when the sun comes up!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klobear View Post
    So I spent a pile of cash for a 2018 Chevy dually with Michellin tires that would have to be changed out for winter mountain tires here in Canada. My last 2 trucks I put Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar tires on and loved them! Great long lasting tough tires! So I traded the Michellins and some more cash for 6 Goodyears! Surprise, Surprise! They're made in China! Were the last 2 sets made there? I never really paid much attention to manufacturing country origin until reading this forum that calls them china bombs! They must have some, good manufacturing for Goodyear to buy from them?
    klobear - The only way to know for sure where a tire is made is to go by the manufacturing plant code on the sidewall. Tires with the same marketing name can come from different plants in different countries. Sometimes it will say country of origin on the sidewall . . . but not always. Goodyear and Michelin are good examples . . . they make tires all over the world. Take a look at the attached list and scroll down to either Goodyear or Michelin.
    http://www.tiresafetygroup.com/tire-...-manufacturer/

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In November I purchased a 2018 GMC 2500 HD Denali. Goodyear Wrangler tires stamped Made in USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And we have a plant in Alberta for Goodyear tires as well. All I'm saying is that the manufacturers must have a lot of faith in the Chinese manufacturing to have them make our tires instead of in North America!
    2018 344GK. 2018 Chevy 3500 dually.
    Live every moment, because every day is a good day when the sun comes up!

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about Goodyear but the Michelin plants no matter where they are are identical. Machines, layout paint, even the uniforms that the employees wear. They keep tight control over how the tires are made so they stand up to their expectations.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fake news. Goodyear Endurance Made In America in Gadsden, AL and Fayetteville, NC.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last May 27th had one of the China Bombs, Westlake, tires that GD puts on Solitude come apart and do 1260.00 in damage. Of course, Westlake and GD will not cover any of the expenses so I am stuck paying the bill. Anyway, today I exchanged the China bombs for Goodyear Endurance same size. Over 2000.00 in one day on something that should not have happened in the first place if GD would step up and start using Goodyear tires. Next RV will be Jayco who are no long putting China bombs on there RV but Goodyear. As the saying goes, not if these China bombs fail but when. Anyone know of a class action suit on these China bombs?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbaber View Post
    Anyone know of a class action suit on these China bombs?
    Given the hundreds of thousands of Westlake trailer tires being sold, even a few thousand failures is still a very low percentage. Mixed into this failure count are those that are not the fault of the tire construction. A class action suit is highly unlikely.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast