User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I was comparing my E rated Bridgestone Duravis R250's to the Westlake ST tire with 400 more pounds rating. You just would not believe how much thicker and stiffer the Bridgestones were versus the Westlake tire weighing 19 pounds less. Michelin also has a ribbed E rated tire that is very comparable but slightly more expensive. I'm not talking about G rated tires that need to be on heavier fifth wheels and toyhaulers than my Reflection fifth wheel.

I'm just saying the NHTSA has ignored the poor quality of Chinese tires, even though they are mounted on very heavy, long trailers being driven often by people that are not the most experienced drivers. It might not be that way if every person that shredded a tire made a safety claim with the NHTSA. It's just a wonder more people are not killed in RV accidents with tire failures. This is serious business.
    I agree with you on the E-rated Westlakes, I don't think they belong on a heavy trailer. A light trailer may not be a problem but I believe the majority of problems came from putting the E-rated tires on the heavy trailers. It doesn't have to be a big Momentum either. I think BigGuy82 is the only one I can think of that had a G rated Westlake tire go out on him. Not saying there hasn't been others I just haven't heard of any others. To me I haven't decided if the G-rated tires are going to be a problem or not. So far without a lot of feedback on them I just don't know.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbuck View Post
    We have a 2600rb and am looking towards upgrading my tires to Endurance

My question is:
    the unit comes with 205/75 r15 which they max at “D” rating.

Would like to a higher rating of E but those only come in 225/75 r15

Any idea if those are too big or is E rated even warranted?

Side question talking with my Ford service person he used LT tires instead of trailer tires. Is there a possible issue there?
    Look under "Imagine 2600RB tire to floor clearance" in the search engine. I upgraded but it required raising the TT one inch with spring blocks since the original tire clearance is unsatisfactory and the ST225 75R15 tire will cost you another 1/2" of clearance on top of this. I run the same 65 psi on the E rated Endurance tires. I would not use an LT tire on a trailer where the ST tire is designed for the lateral loads on the side walls when backing or turning. LT tires are not designed for trailers though some do use them.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Goodyear finally made a smart move bringing out the Endurance tires 2 years ago--the only North American made ST tires. Now, they need to scrap the Marathons made in China as they're probably the most troublesome tire on the retail market.
    Agreed. I had a set of Goodyear Marathons (Made in China) on my last trailer and they were garbage. Had one blow up while the trailer was sitting. I replaced them with LT tires at the suggestion of the guy I know at Discount Tire. This was before the Endurance line was available. I now have two sets of Endurance tires on my travel trailer and an enclosed trailer (both sets Made in USA) and so far so good. In the desert heat I'm thrilled if I can get 5 years out of trailer tires.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345