User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fort Worth to Mueller State Park Next Week!!!

We will be going to Mueller State Park for the first time next week. Only a ten day vacation but looking for all info available. Will stop one night on the way. Just Melissa and I looking to get out of the Texas heat and relaxing. TIA

Kirk
    Kirk & Melissa
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #4989
    2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Diesel
    Fort Worth, TX

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would go 287 to 87 and tie into I25 at Raton. Several camping spots along the way - some free in the small towns.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a great dinosaur museum in Woodland Park that is worth seeing. The museum is right in the middle of woodland park. Also, go see the Florissant Fossil Beds just west of divide a few miles. Some great petrified red wood trees and other cool stuff. The are a lot of hiking trails in Mueller state park as well. Then just a short drive down the road on the edge of Colorado Springs is Pikes Peak. Go up early in the day to avoid the afternoon storms and take a jacket - I have seen it snow on the peak in mid-July when it is 85-90 degrees in Colorado Springs . You can see for miles at the peak. And don’t forget to get a donut at the top. They have a special recipe that works at 14,000 ft. Lastly, drink lots of water when you at altitude. Colorado Springs is at 6,300 ft woodLand Park is at 8,200 feet and we haven’t gone up to the top of Pike’s Peak which is at 14,000 ft. And just enjoy the mountains in your great trailer.

Childj
    Jchild- Colorado Springs, CO
    - 2018 303RLS
    - 2015 GMC 2500HD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed at Mueller State Park a couple of weeks ago. We really enjoyed it.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never boondocked and have not been to a state park without water hookups. Is there somewhere near Mueller State Park that I can fill my fresh water tank before getting into the park? I know I will be able to fill containers at the water stations in the park during the week but I would like to come into the park with a full tank.
    Kirk & Melissa
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #4989
    2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Diesel
    Fort Worth, TX

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At Mueller State Park, the dump station has one portable water spigot (well off to the side away from the sewer dumps) specifically for filling fresh water tanks. I did not fill (came full from home), but saw multiple others fill their fresh tank. Only time I saw the area busy was around checkout from 10:30~12:30. I believe check in is 1:00, so should not be to busy. Their are multiple potable water spigots in each loop, but depending on which site you have, it could be a few hundred feet away, or right in your site.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023