User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide opened while driving home yesterday!!!

I was unaware that the 376 only had Schwintek slides....I assumed some were hydraulic but I guess not. We only have one Schwintek on our 380 TH, but in 4 years and 34,000 miles it has never opened unintentionally.

As for disconnecting the battery disconnect, I'd make sure what goes through that circuit first. Since the emergency brake disconnect works off the on board battery, I'd insure that still has power before you get in the habit of driving with the disconnect engaged. I know that mine is run through one of the 20amp self resetting breakers which I believe are on the disconnect circuit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    So we have the 2018 momentum 376th and we closed up everything as usual and like 2 hours down the road a person in a pickup truck came up to our passenger side and was honking and waving and pointing to the side of our RV and wife was like what ??

Then she saw it ..

the living room slide was all the way out,

I almost ya... messed my britches!.. lol

Anyhow, so I pulled over just as soon as we cleared the construction zone that we just came up too, luckily the living room slide is up high or we would have hit the concrete wall!.

So, I got pulled over and got slide back in and shut off the main switch so that wouldn’t happen again.

But then I noticed that it also shut off my rear camera with that switch.. ugh another issue that they will need to address.

Has anyone had this happen?
    I'm honestly most concerned that you didn't see this in your mirror...
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 290BH
    2017 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab
    B & W Companion (T/O Ball Mount)
    SBGTF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    I was unaware that the 376 only had Schwintek slides....I assumed some were hydraulic but I guess not. We only have one Schwintek on our 380 TH, but in 4 years and 34,000 miles it has never opened unintentionally.

As for disconnecting the battery disconnect, I'd make sure what goes through that circuit first. Since the emergency brake disconnect works off the on board battery, I'd insure that still has power before you get in the habit of driving with the disconnect engaged. I know that mine is run through one of the 20amp self resetting breakers which I believe are on the disconnect circuit.

good idea, thanks for the heads up on that brake, never crossed my mind. Taking it in for service Monday, so we will see whats going on.
    2018 Grand Design 376TH MOMENTUM!!!!
    2018 F350 FORD King-Ranch 4x4 DRW 6.7L Turbo Diesel 8 foot bed
    Pace Edwards Bedlocker electric tonneau cover, B&W Companion OEM 5th-Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bag Helper Springs, RVi Tire Patrol TPMS
    2 Old Town Sportsman w/ trolling motor kayaks for me and the wifey...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTP-GC View Post
    I'm honestly most concerned that you didn't see this in your mirror...
    HA, clearly your NOT familiar with the 376th setup, but that slide is on the passengers side and it is above truck bed, if I directed my mirror up that far, then i would be looking at the sky and nothing else!!!! LOL
    2018 Grand Design 376TH MOMENTUM!!!!
    2018 F350 FORD King-Ranch 4x4 DRW 6.7L Turbo Diesel 8 foot bed
    Pace Edwards Bedlocker electric tonneau cover, B&W Companion OEM 5th-Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bag Helper Springs, RVi Tire Patrol TPMS
    2 Old Town Sportsman w/ trolling motor kayaks for me and the wifey...

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    I was unaware that the 376 only had Schwintek slides....I assumed some were hydraulic but I guess not.
    It does have hydraulic as well. 3 Schwintek and 2 hydraulic.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    It does have hydraulic as well. 3 Schwintek and 2 hydraulic.
    Comes from me forgetting the upper living/bed room. I guess their hydraulic slides are kitchen and dining. My error.

Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had an issue with our main kitchen/living room opposing hydraulic slides on our 2016 Momentum.

Last year (at a year and 1/2 old), the slide starting opening itself up. They would stay extended without any problems, but wouldn't stay closed. Slowly creeped open.

Turns out the ram that extends the slide had an internal leak and the ram had to be replaced (yep, 6 months out of warranty). Lippert said an internal seal can fail as early as the day it's installed or never. I'm hoping the replacement will be a never fail again item.

Once replaced, it seems to have fixed the problem.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    So we have the 2018 momentum 376th and we closed up everything as usual and like 2 hours down the road a person in a pickup truck came up to our passenger side and was honking and waving and pointing to the side of our RV and wife was like what ??

Then she saw it ..

the living room slide was all the way out,

I almost ya... messed my britches!.. lol

Anyhow, so I pulled over just as soon as we cleared the construction zone that we just came up too, luckily the living room slide is up high or we would have hit the concrete wall!.

So, I got pulled over and got slide back in and shut off the main switch so that wouldn’t happen again.

But then I noticed that it also shut off my rear camera with that switch.. ugh another issue that they will need to address.

Has anyone had this happen?
    November 22, 2019. We just had one of our slides, curb side, open about 8" when moving to our new spot at Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood, Az. As soon as it happened, I pulled over and closed it back up. It happened twice, and I am curious if there is anyone out there that can give me some guidance on what to look for. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Gordon Fuchs
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigattime View Post

Lippert said an internal seal can fail as early as the day it's installed or never..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Can you just imagine if Ford/GM/Fiat had the hood of your car open up while driving down the road and they said that? The response from the government would be fast and furious - yet the clowns in the RV industry simply shrug their shoulders and say “uh sorry, you’re out of warranty “.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordofuchs View Post
    November 22, 2019. We just had one of our slides, curb side, open about 8" when moving to our new spot at Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood, Az. As soon as it happened, I pulled over and closed it back up. It happened twice, and I am curious if there is anyone out there that can give me some guidance on what to look for. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Gordon Fuchs
    Cutting a couple pieces of 2X4 to fit between the top of the slide and the wall to prevent movement while travelling will prevent unwanted slide movement until you find the cure. Don't forget to remove them when extending the slide!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast