User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible new Reflection owner

Saturday we are scheduled to go look at a 2019 Reflection 311BHS. We currently have a 2006 Wildcat 32QBBS and are looking at replacing it with the 2019 311BHS. Any comments good or bad about Grand Design, Reflection, and Solitude? Seems like a well put together products. We have loved our Wildcat and enjoyed working with the service team when problems arose.

Mark

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 2017 311BHS. Lots of room to move around inside. We do most of our cooking using the outside kitchen. Usually when we go camping we have at least 8 so the added room inside is nice. Looks like GD got rid of the steps going to the bunk over the outdoor kitchen, not sure if that is a good thing or bad. Depends on how old the kids are. Our grand daughters loved the steps.

A few things that you need to know. Don't trust the sticker in the master bedroom if you are going to mount a TV. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a package of small magnets and find the outline of the metal backing plate (Don't ask how I know!). Get a medium and small dishpans to do the dishes outside. The outside sink is great for washing your hands or washing vegie's - not much else. Get a few aluminum cake pans from WalMart of various sizes great for food prep and serving. Get a small table to use with the outside kitchen, where the stove is located leaning over to grab something can lead to burned hands or arms.

In Texas we have to have an annual inspection. When you do yours be sure to have the dealership pull the wheels and check for leaking axle seals.

Overall I'm very happy with our 311BHS and even happier with the GD service folks. I had to call them several times for - mostly my fault - questions and always got a quick response. My dealership has told me that they like working with GD because of the prompt response in getting warranty approval and parts.

One other thing, pay the $12 to become a member. I have learned so much from this forum about what to do and not to do.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Les,
    Thanks for the info!!! Where did you mount a TV in the master? The bathroom door slide wall? We are excited to get a new rig as we've had our Wildcat since 2006!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for not getting back sooner. Our unit has a metal backing plate on the bedroom entry door side (right side looking toward front) above the window. On our 311BHS the left side has a closet with mirrors and is the slide out for the bedroom. I see on the newer 311BHS plans that they have put a window there and added a couple of drawers. Much nicer look.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markmassett View Post
    Les,
    Thanks for the info!!! Where did you mount a TV in the master? The bathroom door slide wall? We are excited to get a new rig as we've had our Wildcat since 2006!
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    Sorry for not getting back sooner. Our unit has a metal backing plate on the bedroom entry door side (right side looking toward front) above the window.
    Use a magnet to find the edges of the metal backer plate, I used 3/4" #14 screws. . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, we will pick up our 2019 311BHS on Friday! We will miss our Wildcat as it served us well over the past 12 years!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markmassett View Post
    Saturday we are scheduled to go look at a 2019 Reflection 311BHS. We currently have a 2006 Wildcat 32QBBS and are looking at replacing it with the 2019 311BHS. Any comments good or bad about Grand Design, Reflection, and Solitude? Seems like a well put together products. We have loved our Wildcat and enjoyed working with the service team when problems arose.

Mark
    I have that exact same model it’s beautiful but because of the poor service I’ve gotten from my dealer And the seemingly continuous issues. I wouldn’t advise any of my friends To buy a grand dessign

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrygdbhs View Post
    I have that exact same model it’s beautiful but because of the poor service I’ve gotten from my dealer And the seemingly continuous issues. I wouldn’t advise any of my friends To buy a grand dessign
    Your dealership's poor service department is not brand specific. If you need warranty work, call GDRV customer service and they may authorize a mobile service.

Jim
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 08-21-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality issues are with ever RV out there. From $5000 pop ups to multi million dollar Motorhomes. It is not Grand Designs fault for having crappy dealers. Some of the posts that are on the GD Facebook pages are crazy!! People think that the cheapo recliners should last 4 years! Really? I am happy with our decision and will camp in this until its time for another upgrade. Hopefully Solitudes are still being made when that time comes!