Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westlake tire pressure

Hey guys and gals,

I've owned my Solitude for 16 months now and I'm a little puzzled.......but happy. This is my 4th camper and I'm a fanatic about checking my tire pressures before leaving on a trip and before leaving the campground to return home. I've had a few blowouts with camper tires over the years and know it will eventually happen again. Now, I'm puzzled about the Westlake G rated tires on my Solitude 375RES. In the 16 months and many short and several long trips, I've never had to add air to any of the tires. I know they have nitrogen in them, which must be a lot better, but I would expect to need to add a little occasionally. Have any of you guys experienced this? I'm hoping you all say the same thing is happening to you so that I can not worry so much about it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine have been holding 80 psi for the last couple months. Nice not having to always top off. I will still check anytime I roll.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 Solitude with the factory Westlake tires. I have my tires set at 110 PSI and over the three months we have had it, hold air just fine. I see the pressure fluctuations with temperature (roughly 1 PSI for every 10 degrees F), but no measurable leakage in this short period. I check them every time I tow.

PS I added TPMS sensors to the tires and after dismount/mount I am running 78% nitrogen (i.e. air).

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it must be common for the Westlake's to hold air really well. I've never had a camper that held air this well, so I real skeptical.....
    Jeff and Sharon Baker
    2017 Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The atmosphere is 78% nitrogen, anyway. For those of us who aren't Formula 1 race car drivers or owners, it's just another way to part fools from their money:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCnWvMleVD0

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 100psi in my Goodyear G614 G-rated tires. Topped them off 2 weeks after being installed and since then only dropped 2 PSI in the last 11 months. They were installed and topped off with standard shop air (78%nitrogen)

My experience using 100% nitrogen is it didn’t do anything to maintalin pressure.

I replaced 2 tires on my airplane, put shop air in one and 100% nitrogen (purged several times) in the other. Both tires were installed with 90 psi and new natural rubber tubes. These natural rubber tubes are prone to leakage. There was no difference in pressure loss between the tires. Both leaked the same.

I haven’t had to add air my truck or trailer tires in 11 months. TPMS confirms pressure is holding.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure most of it comes down to how well the bead and valve stem seals. Up here in the northland my vehicle tires are like clock work. They all hold air really well but come fall and the temp drops I have add 4-5 psi. Come spring when the temps go up I need to take out 4-5 psi.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently bought a 2018 Reflection 230rl (150 series.) Dealer filled the tires (original Westlake E) to 65lbs. I am about to leave the Olympic Penninsula (WA) to head home to New Hampshire. In researching tire pressure most people say to use 80psi (from sticker) even though my trailer weighs a lot less than the max for the tires. Now I'm confused. 80psi or 65 or somethiung else. My weight proportion calculation says 63.5! Help?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    max tire pressure....if that's 80 psi...then that's it
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HampshireMan View Post
    I recently bought a 2018 Reflection 230rl (150 series.) Dealer filled the tires (original Westlake E) to 65lbs. I am about to leave the Olympic Penninsula (WA) to head home to New Hampshire. In researching tire pressure most people say to use 80psi (from sticker) even though my trailer weighs a lot less than the max for the tires. Now I'm confused. 80psi or 65 or somethiung else. My weight proportion calculation says 63.5! Help?
    Whichever the loading sticker on the front driver side of your RV says to pressure them to. The information is there if you look. "D" rated tires are 65 psi max and "E" rated are 80 psi max.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast