Okay, good luck and let us know.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any online manuals? Can't get to mine. They're in a drawer blocked by the slide.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last thing, did you try turning off the battery switch and then back on in case there is an inline auto reset breaker? Otherwise check your voltages tomorrow, GD says the slides are a known issue with low battery voltage, do you have more than one battery?
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said you had 13+ volts so the converter is working. Seems like you're getting a low voltage type situation though.

Maybe a bad battery cell or sulfated. Everything looks like it is charging fine at 13+ volts but when you go to use it you get low voltage.

You can see how the battery handles a small load while watching the voltage while the converter is off (turn off at the breaker). Then remove the load (disconnect switch) and then check the voltage again. If its bad you should have a rather rapid drop and it will stay there. Normal battery will have a voltage drop while the load is applied but then bounce back to its charged level immediately after the load is stopped. That should tell you if it has problems or not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails voltchart1.gif  
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a battery issue.

You do need a good battery to run the hydraulics. That is why plugging in and trying to run the main slides and leveling system did not work.

There is not enough power coming through to run the pump.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I agree with you guys. Sounds like low voltage. Reading through online manuals says you need a fully charged battery. This battery probably sat on the dealer lot for months uncharged. I'll get a new battery and a cordless drill to slide them out manually just in case.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to get another battery. Should I just swap it out or pick it up in parallel?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should bring yours with you and have them run a test on it. If it's bad, you should send the printout to Lazy days, they might pay you back. They were real good to me sending me a check for the cost of my trip to get there; covered food, gas and campgrounds along the way there. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    Any online manuals? Can't get to mine. They're in a drawer blocked by the slide.

Here is the link to the manuals page on the GDRV website: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...owners-manuals

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree a battery issue, but another possibility is a bad connection to the slide mechanism. Get the battery tested to be sure. Also occurred to me this morning the most obvious way to rule out the converter is to pull the 12V disconnect and see if any of your 12V lights work while plugged in. Not sure what model you have, but I know both the Schwintek and large slide on mine will run off the converter with no battery.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast