Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please help!

I'm at the camp ground wanting to camp but I can't get my slides out. My rig barely levelled by manual mode. Auto level didn't have enough juice. It seems to be running the system off of the battery even though it's plugged in. I think that's been the source of all my leveling woes. Do I have something turned off? Now I have to charge my battery from the plug in and try it again. Every time I work the slides or leveling system the battery goes down to like 11.5v. After the generator or shore power charges it then I can level or use slides. Maybe low fluid but it's brand new or just no juice which seems more likely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the battery switch on?
    2017 Solitude 384GK
    2012 F350 Lariat
    Pullrite Superglide 18K

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked to make sure the converter breaker isn't tripped? It's on the panel under your pantry. Also, have you ensured the 12v disconnect in the basement is in the on position? Another option is to hook your 7pin cable to the truck with it running and get 12v power that way.

Edit, could be an issue with the converter if your only showing 11.5v on shore power or generator. Don't forget to make sure generator output breakers are shut, they are under the generator cover plate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedzz9 View Post
    Is the battery switch on?
    Sure didn't. Where is it?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Have you checked to make sure the converter breaker isn't tripped? It's on the panel under your pantry. Also, have you ensured the 12v disconnect in the basement is in the on position? Another option is to hook your 7pin cable to the truck with it running and get 12v power that way.

Edit, could be an issue with the converter if your only showing 11.5v on shore power or generator. Don't forget to make sure generator output breakers are shut, they are under the generator cover plate.

The 12v disconnect is on. What does it look like when generator output breakers are shut? The generator does charge the battery slowly. The plug in power does not seem to and shouldn't the slides and level just operate off the plug in power?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The generator has breakers on the front that look similar to your circuit box breakers. The generator doesn't charge the battery, it powers the AC side of the converter and the converter charges the battery. If the main disconnect is on and your on shore power, it sounds like a converter issue. I would try hooking the truck up to the camper (power cord only) and see if your voltage increases.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's odd. It did seem to help the whole system when the truck was hooked up last time. I think it might be a converter issue as well.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can hook the truck up and get the slides out, you can sleep and troubleshoot in the morning. The converter is behind the false wall in the basement, but you can prob do some testing at the battery with a meter to verify converter output. Maybe you should double check the converter breaker and the position of the 12v disconnect switch to be on the safe side.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys so much. You're lifesavers.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to help

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast