User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Please help!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breakers are generic, but are different amps (just like fuses are different amps).

My understanding is there are two different solenoids. When we were having trouble with our system last summer on the road, Lippert Customer Service was very helpful with troubleshooting and the part number for our system. I purchased the solenoid from an RV dealer in Michigan. The solenoid was around $100. It ended up being the $12 breaker so I kept the solenoid in the emergency part tub like others are saying.

I ordered several if the breakers (variety of amps based on what is on our Momentum) off Amazon to have on hand.

When our system acted up, the slides were the least of my worries. The front landing gear extended partially with one touching the ground and the other mid-way down. Our firth wheel still connected to the truck with no way to get parts unless I could unhook or retract the landing gear manually. Don't want to be in that situation again so now we have spares.

Here's a picture of our self resetting breakers on a bus bar in case you are wondering what it looks like. The missing breaker on the bottom is our 50A slot that I was replacing at the time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it looks like I discovered my problem. We took the rv out this weekend and again the slides wouldn't work. First thing to check was the fluid. Most of it was gone from filling it the week before. I've got a leak somewhere but nothing is dripping. I'm afraid of where it's going. Any ideas? Seems like some on the back wall of the generator compartment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check around the manifold and the pump. Check the fittings at the top and shaft/pads at the bottoms of all 6 jacks (could be leaking at the top, be will run down). Check the end of the hydraulic cylinders for each slide. If noting obvious, it could be a leaking fitting or a punctured line and fluid is pooling up inside the corplas. The reservoir holds about a gallon of fluid. That is a lot to lose without leaving a puddle.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Check around the manifold and the pump. Check the fittings at the top and shaft/pads at the bottoms of all 6 jacks (could be leaking at the top, be will run down). Check the end of the hydraulic cylinders for each slide. If noting obvious, it could be a leaking fitting or a punctured line and fluid is pooling up inside the corplas. The reservoir holds about a gallon of fluid. That is a lot to lose without leaving a puddle.

Chris
    That's what I was thinking. How could it just be missing without a trace?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be really careful if you are looking for a hydraulic leak under pressure. They will mist out and be hard to see. They will also cut the skin and inject fluid into you causing serious health issues. If you see pooling and expect a leak somewhere and the apply pressure by using the system to feel for a leak, do not feel with your hand. Pass a rag or piece of paper or something by the expected leak point and wear some durable leather gloves.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your slides work on DC and some RV stores tell people not to hook up shore power until after the slides are out. If your shore power is hooked up your batteries should read 12 volts or better if it is working, also the truck hook up should also read over 12 volts if it is running.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567