User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Please help!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woohoo! I managed to retract all landing gear and no fluid. I can't believe this basic thing was missed in the pdi. Put two quarts and works like a charm. Still need a little more fluid. The last slide didn't quite make it all the way out. Thanks so much for everyone's help. I thought I was doing something wrong. Auto level worked perfect as well. Lessons learned. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonSmith View Post
    I am ordering a voltage meter right now. Each time I read a thread like this, it comes down to some basic troubleshooting issue that requires some basic tool and a Blackstone Grill.
    Great information. I learned from this topic too.
    Good idea. Even better - mount a voltmeter near your control panel - just tap it in to 12v somewhere. Not 100% accurate, but you'll quickly learn to tell if your converter is charging and approximately what your battery status is. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/LiDiVi-Charge...tmeter+12+volt

Now back to our regularly scheduled crisis.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    Woohoo! I managed to retract all landing gear and no fluid. I can't believe this basic thing was missed in the pdi. Put two quarts and works like a charm. Still need a little more fluid. The last slide didn't quite make it all the way out. Thanks so much for everyone's help. I thought I was doing something wrong. Auto level worked perfect as well. Lessons learned. Thanks again.

Glad you got it pinned down!
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Be sure to check fuses ON the converter. Possibly blown when dealer hooked up battery.
    Great advice! I thought I had a bad battery and realized that the battery was fine, just wasn't charging.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the OP: For future reference, the main slides on the Momentum are hydraulic. The bedroom slide is electric, Schwintek.

The hydraulic level and main slides are on the same system. There are self resetting breakers in the front storage where the generator is located that can also be problematic. They are desinged to trip as needed and immediately reset once cool (30 seconds or so). They are $10-15 each and look like a little plastic box (1 inch or so) and have two metal pronges where the incoming and outgoing wires attach. We had one fail causing the level up/slides not to work.

Glad the low fluid was the culprit this time. Good tool to have is a voltage meter so you can troubleshoot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I figured out the bedroom slide was electric. I knew the main was hydraulic and linked to the levels because none of it worked. Now that I have two batteries I might just link them together. Should I hook them up positive to positive or in line positive to negative.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you want them parallel, otherwise your voltage will be 24v.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I figured out the bedroom slide was electric. I knew the main was hydraulic and linked to the levels because none of it worked. Now that I have two batteries I might just link them together. Should I hook them up positive to positive or in line positive to negative.

If you have 12v batteries see the black batteries in the photo. It's a 12v system so you want to maintain 12v.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigattime View Post
    If you have 12v batteries see the black batteries in the photo. It's a 12v system so you want to maintain 12v.

So the voltage stays the same. I assume it will just last longer before it falls.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the voltage stays the same. I assume it will just last longer before it falls.

Correct. You don't typically get a drop in voltage with two batteries. The Level Up system can be taxing on just one battery IMHO.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast