User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you store your RV?

Quick question about storage of your RV when not in use. How do you store it?

All slides pulled in and not connected to power, slides out and power connected, etc?
    Do you connect to water and leave hooked up?
    Etc, etc....

Ours is currently sitting in the driveway and we wont be using again for another month or so. I have it leveled, slides out, power hooked up, a/c’s set to 78 degrees, refrigerator on and in electric mode, water connected. I am thinking that leaving it hooked up to water isn’t the best idea but looking for comments from forum members about how they store their RV’s.

Thanks in advance,
    Steve
    Steve and Jeneen (and Xyro our German Shepherd)
    2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited 4WD Crew Cab Dually
    HO Cummins and Ansin trans, factory auto-level suspension, factory 30k fifth wheel hitch
    Favorite vehicle in the garage - Kubota RTV1100 :cool:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I leave plugged into power, no water connected or in any tank, slide in unless need to get to bedroom.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    2018 Imagine 2150RB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends. I store mine in a shed/barn. During the camping months, Slides out, 10 gallons in the fresh tank (pump shut off), and powered with Fridge turned on for convenience sake as we take it out every few weeks. This keeps the batteries charged also. Never leave water hooked up unless in the camper as it is too easy have a line break, etc. For winter slides in, all tanks and lines winterized, power to the unit so that batteries stay charged.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store our trailer in the summer with slides in, water disconnected, plumbing drained via low point drains, propane off, batteries charged and disconnected from all loads, refer doors open, kitchen vent cracked open with a Maxxair cover installed for ventilation. No need to expose slide seals and roofing to UV. Leaving water connected could be disastrous if a leak occurred while you were away. I try to remember to shut water off when away from the trailer while camping. Same reasoning for shutting off propane, a leak could be serious trouble if left unattended. An alarm does no good if nobody hears it. I live in the PNW so high humidity is not an issue. I would use a dehumidifier rather than A/C to keep humidity down, less wear and tear on expensive A/C units.

Winter, pretty much the same except antifreeze in plumbing, AC power connected to run a small fan inside for air circulation, cabinet doors and closets open for circulation, batteries charged and disconnected, holding tanks empty after thorough flushing. This worked for my last TT for 10 years. Seals were like new, interior fresh and dry, tank sensors working when we traded her in on the 315.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies!
    2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    HO Cummins and Ansin trans, factory auto-level suspension, factory 30k fifth wheel hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When at storage hangar:
    Connected to 110/20 amp to keep battery charged
    Slides in
    Refridgerator turned OFF and doors open
    Water heater off
    Propane off
    No water hose connected

When in driveway 2 days before a trip:
    Connected to 110/20 amp
    Auto leveled
    Slides out so we can load up pantry and bedroom clothes
    Refridgerator doors closed and fridge turned on to pre-cool
    Connect water hose only to partially fill fresh water tank

When left at our remote lot between camping weekends;
    Connected to our 50 amp service
    Disconnect water hose
    Propane off
    Slides in (to minimize chance of water leak if it rains
    AC set to 84 degrees to keep humidity down
    Water heater turned off
    Refridgerator on electric to keep food cool
    MiFi hotspot turned on
    WiFi camera connected to remotely view indoor thermometer and humidity display
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 323BHS is sitting 300 miles away in locked and guarded storage at our member owned campground. $32.50 a month times 300 stored RVs is what makes our campground affordable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Covered storage.
    15-watt solar trickle charger.
    Slides in.
    Propane off.
    Fridge and freezer doors open.
    Hitch lock on.
    2018 Imagine 2950RL
    2008 Tundra CrewMax 5.7

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Our 323BHS is sitting 300 miles away in locked and guarded storage at our member owned campground. $32.50 a month times 300 stored RVs is what makes our campground affordable.
    I need to find a place like that!
    2021 Solitude 390RK-R

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have room at home, HOA allows 48 hours in driveway for post/pre trip access. Other then that our RV will be stored about 20 miles from the house in a secure RV outdoor storage location @ $45 month, covered storage is limited and quite pricey. Daphne, AL has hot summers but nice spring/fall temps and maybe 2 months of the year with the potability of real cold weather (freeze and very little chance of snow) so the outdoor exposure wont be so brutal, we hope. We just finished our 2 week shakedown trip, out next trip is 30 days in October so the RV will be stored for the next 90 days. There is no direct water / power at storage so the RV will be stored:

Slide in
    Some water in Grey / Black tank with deoderisers
    propane off
    batteries disconnected
    refer doors open
    All vents, and skylight covered
    All shades down, door windows covered
    Tires / spare covered

We picked a spot between two lager RV's so the most of the RV will not be in direct sunlight all day
    Thinking about placing some dehumidifiers in the unit an dmaybe a slamm solar trickle charger?
    Sine we live so close to the storage area and we drive by it during out work drive so we plan to check the RV at least once a week.
    Rig: 2018 Grand Design - Imagine 2500RL
    Tow Vehicle: 2018 F150 - Black on Black - SuperCrew XLT-FX4 - 3.5L EB w/3.31 LSD - MaxTow/Haul - 5Stare Tune - Luminar Ceramic Tint w/UV - UltraFlex TBed Cover
    Garage Queen: 2018 BMW ///M240i Convertible - Loaded - Dinan Stage 1 Tune - MPE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast