Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to RVing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry New to RVing

Hello from SW PA. New to RVing and have just purchased Reflection Grand Design 29RL. Wife and I both retired now and plan to travel as much as possible. So far we have only had it out three times and each time it has gotten easier. The first two trips were to Columbus Oh just for a testing of unit and handling. First time fifth wheel got stuck and had to have a mechanic disconnect and he ground off a small amount to give it more clearance. The second time out we went back to Columbus and had no problems. The third trip was for a drive down WV to
    Advance NC at a Thousand Trails campground. Beautiful area and a great place to visit. However our air conditioner froze up and we had another visit with a local RV repair man. He managed to get it going but it still went back to dealer as it continues to run and won't shut off. Hopefully that will also be fixed. We also suspect that the tv antenna is not hooking in properly. Is it normal when turning the ceiling unit that
    it can be spun? You can turn it and holding on to the directional knob at the ceiling and the antenna can be heard still moving and you can feel
    it spinning. I know that every place go you might not get reception but we had six or seven stations and when I turned the antenna to adjust it started spinning and we lost all reception to every station we had previously been watching.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome garycr to the group, we are from western pa as well and have a 29RS.
    Not sure of your antenna problem and don't think it should be spinning, you have to hold the lock on the side to turn it, then let go and make sure it locks.
    What hitch are you using, I do not know why they would have to grind some off.
    This site has a $12 fee to become a sponsor and it is worth it you get to see a lot of pictures of repairs, modifications and how stuff works.
    Everybody is always willing to help and give there 2 cents worth.
    I will try to look at my antenna in the morning maybe somebody will have you an answer before then.

Brian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, Thanks for your answer and help. I just logged in to join, so I am now a member. The hitch I have is a Reese 16K Sidewinder. Under the camper where the pin would go is a double steel block shaped like if you were looking down at it, has two piece's. if you stacked this together, db. the top of the d and the top of the b slide into the plate hitch. It would probably wear down enough over time to fit but brand new, and me being brand new caused my idiot to come out. Somehow it wouldn't disconnect and the mechanic used a pry bar and popped it out. After he ground off a small amount it worked much better. Hopefully I explained it well enough. I really like the camper so far, and hopefully I will get the bugs worked out.