User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim! I live in a small town and purchased them through my hometown Duvall Auto Parts. I could have beaten the price by about $50 online but I like to support the local guy when I can. They were in my hands the next day.

BTW, the hardest part of changing the shocks was removing the front wheels. Rears stayed on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I put Roadmaster Active Suspension on the rear of my Titan it lifted the rear a couple of inches so when I put on the 5100 I adjusted them all the way up and it made it look more like it did before the RAS, just a little higher like a 4wd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered my Fox 2.0 performance series shocks and steering stabilizer yesterday. Hope to get them and my wheels and tires on next week.

I’ll definitely report back with how they ride compared to the bilsteins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put these on last night, and let me tell you...the machining on these things are awesome. Definitely the best made shocks I’ve ever seen.

These guys are STOUT!! I’m talking having to use a floor jack to compress them. Had to use a ratchet strap on the steering stabilizer!

I’ll report back with how they handle compared to the 5100’s in a few days.

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put these on last night, and let me tell you...the machining on these things are awesome. Definitely the best made shocks I’ve ever seen.

These guys are STOUT!! I’m talking having to use a floor jack to compress them. Had to use a ratchet strap on the steering stabilizer!

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post

Can you explain the install..? Floor jack??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. You literally had to use a block of wood and a floor jack to get them in position. The 5100’s I installed you could still compress enough to get them in...not these puppies.

They do ride much better than any shocks I’ve ever had. That said if the road is rough, your still going to feel it. After all it isn’t air ride. I’m definitely happy with them and will put them on my next truck.

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bilstein 4600 or 5100?

I ran 5100’s on my lifted FJ and my Titan and they were great shocks.

Some of the guys I used to 4wheel with that had Fox experienced leaks, but that was a few years ago, hopefully they’ve fixed those issues.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Towed the big fella over the Stevens Pass Hwy today. For those that don't know it, it is a 2 lane road with speed limits from 35 to 60 mph. It's bumpy in places and has many large undulations that set up some very large suspension movements. My combo didn't like this road, with the front end heaving up and down over the undulations.

Bilstein to the rescue. The difference is amazing. A lot of the small chop I hardly feel and over the big whoops it is very controlled. Rebound damping is spot on. I normally feel a bit beat up after travelling this road, not today. I'm not going to miss those flaccid stock shocks. Bonus- they ride as well as or better than the stockers when unloaded.

Today I'm a happy camper!
    Thanks for posting your impressions of the Bilstein 4600 after install. It's been awhile, but I have been up to Stevens Pass. I used to live in Marysville in the early 80's. Both kids born in Everett. Looks like I'm going to spring for the 4600's front and rear soon. Thanks again for the opinions.
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123