Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sattelite/ cable hookup

We have a 2016 303rls that we just bought and when I try to hookup my sat. co-ax in the wet bay I get nothing in the living room for connection. I took off the receptacle plate and checked for loose wires have tried all the possible hook ups ( starting with living room) and can get no continuity to the living room receptacle. Has anyone had any luck trouble shooting this and if so where did you find the problem? I bought it from a dealer so I have no contact with the previous owner to ask them questions. Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have tried all the combinations (connection points) in the wet bay and have no continuity to the LR, I suspect a connector somewhere under the corroplast is the problem. I had to same problem with my 2015 303 and my new 2018 337. The solution was to run new co-ax from the wet bay to the receiver in the LR, with zero splices. The automatic antennas used with DirecTV and Dish Network have very little tolerance for voltage drop and splice connectors just don't help.

The best way to determine if voltage drop is the problem, IMO is to run a cable out the window from your receiver to the antenna and see if it works. Running new co-ax is not a big deal, just a bit irritating that it has to be done.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retread68, When you removed the chloroplast did you find a junction box or just the co-axial cable with an inline splice connector?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have ben more than a few problems with the connection at the slide connection.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When in doubt connect your receiver directly to the dish - to make sure you're getting signal from the dish. If you're getting signal, from a direct connection to the dish, then start with the next signal path until you find the issue. I typically have problems with the wall plate connections. It's a PITA when you have to troubleshoot each connection but you'll found out what the problem is and can correct it.

If you find the issue report back so we can learn with you
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ksbowman - - There will be at least 1 and possibly 2 inline splice connectors under the corroplast. They present enough resistance to wreck the signal to the auto antenna.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have hooked up directly from the Playmaker to the receiver and it works perfectly then so I know the problem is in the co-ax between the wet bay and the wall receptacle in the living room. Tomorrow I am going to check the splices at the receptacles and if they are good I will run a new, no splice co-ax. Thanks for all the good feedback. Let you know what the outcome is.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried replacing the splices at the receptacles and no change. Did not want to drop the chloroplast , so I pulled the fireplace and ran a co-ax down behind the entertainment center. Then went thru the opening the other co-ax went thru in the rear outside corner of the slide. Now I have super reception from the dish. Does anyone know the rubber sealant that is used on the penetrations thru the floor? I need to reseal the opening. Thanks to all that replied.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GE Silicone II Black Silicone Caulk works.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank