User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

major water leak

We have a 2018 29RS. I winterized it in Nov as per the instruction book. We took it out in April this year to Loretta Lynn's ranch. When I hooked up the water line to fill the camper all the water ran out from the rear of the underbelly. Came home the next day and scheduled a warranty repair. Picked it up yesterday. Talked to the rep who told us the back water spray valve has a U joint in the line. That joint was shattered. I asked him about winterizing the camper and was told that we need to put some antifreeze into this water port. Can't swear that it froze and cracked as I drained ll the water out of the system prior to adding antifreeze. Anyway this winter I'll add some antifreeze to this connection. Here are some pics that shows the water spray port.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterspray copy.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	13534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterspray1.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	13535Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterspray copy.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	13534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterspray1.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	13535

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike. When you winterize next time, be sure to connect the blue shower hose sprayer to both the rear port pictured and also the one in the pass-thru and pump antifreeze until it comes out the sprayer in both ports. Be sure the hot and cold valves are open for the pass-thru port.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there hot or cold water and the rear spray plug?
    is the water there all the time? or is there a valve that turns it on?

thanks
    brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rear port is cold water only and is "on" all the time. When you plug in the sprayer it opens a valve at the port that allows water to flow to the sprayer.

On my 307 there is also a port in the pass-thru at the top of the Nautilus panel. It has valves for hot and cold on either side of the port.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks , was just thinking if one could disconnect that because we do not use it that would be on less thing to worry about for winterizing.
    Mike , sorry if this does not pertain to your thread.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a problem. Happy camping!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you get the hose line to stay connected using that port?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never used this port yet.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,
    That is a quick connect, like compressor hoses. It’s a tight slide on the collar, and I had to take the blue hose back around to the h/c basement area to reconnect to know which way the collar slides before I could attach it in the back. If I remember correctly, Bruce couldn’t disconnect it at all (man-fingers) because the connection is recessed inside the little round door.
    Country Campers, So sorry that happened to you. This will be our first winter to handle winterizing ourselves. Last year, we had the dealer do it with the caveat that we help. We waited around and finally went back and the tech said he was almost done. You could tell he was in a hurry, but he did take the time to go over what he’d done. Ha! HE forgot the back quick connect water port! All was well in the spring,except I messed up and opened the water heater before clearing ALL the lines.
    We loved that hose by the back door during our PA, Delaware River week-long trip. Stayed at Soaring Eagle, caught fish, watched the river rise....and hosed off feet and gear at the back door.
    Nancy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    How do you get the hose line to stay connected using that port?
    I have the same question. I can't get the hose to seat correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast