User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris,
    I’m new to the RV lifestyle and even newer to the forum, but it doesn’t take much time to realize how knowledgeable, caring, and thoughtful the members are and their willingness to share. I look forward to many years of membership and being part of the GD community. Thanks for all that you and the other admin do on our behalf.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    When you see it, tag it by clicking the Report Post button at the bottom. I've been tied up with a bad turbo, and diagnosing some of our other issues lately, and haven't been looking as closely. But if you tag it, I can see it and address it. I'm nice, initially.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Agreed and certainly don't have the answers nor want to turn anyone away but glad to see others are seeing the same thing. All of us accept (whether we should or not is different) an RV is a "work in progress"...

jim
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoy reading and posting here. The knowledge I have gained and the mistakes I hopefully won't have, far exceed the $12 fee. The friendship that have been built are very cool too. I met some forum members at the Southern Oregon Rally earlier this month was also great.

Keep up the great work Chris and you too Grand Design. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like it was a great time. I am glad everyone could get together and collaborate.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started benefitting from this forum even before I ordered my ‘18 303, and have continually learned and gained invaluable knowledge that has helped me enjoy our new rig. Thanks so much for all you do Chris.

2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 GMC 2500HD Double cab, 6.5' bed, Duramax /Allison
    B&W Companion slider for 5th wheel prep package

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the report, Chris. And thanks to you for the work of setting up and maintaining this forum.

Out of curiosity, I searched FB Groups for "Grand Design". Geez - there were 44 of them! (and yes, they were all about GD RV's). What a huge issue for the company to get it's arms around. Any one of them could have a critical customer care issue, and woe if they miss it and get blamed for "not caring".
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, You Rock!!!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    And that is one of the issues. Anyone can create a Facebook group and be a presence. Same with a forum, but a forum is different because of the hosting requirements.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Thanks for the report, Chris. And thanks to you for the work of setting up and maintaining this forum.

Out of curiosity, I searched FB Groups for "Grand Design". Geez - there were 44 of them! (and yes, they were all about GD RV's). What a huge issue for the company to get it's arms around. Any one of them could have a critical customer care issue, and woe if they miss it and get blamed for "not caring".
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There lies the cruxt of the issue with social media. A lot of manufacturers probably think they can ignore a lot of social media in it's 44 individual bookface (on purpose) fragmented form. Its just a bunch of people complaining and trolling. They can out last the "stuff" and since RV sales are sky rocketing they dont pay much attention to it.

But a forum like we have I think holds more weight, and since GDRV cares about customer satisfaction & feedback and its impact on their overall business model, both of us, this forum and GDRV will be a success. This forum was not the only resource, but certainly an important one, we used for making our decision to buy GDRV. Trailer Life mag was also a big contributor over a year before we made our decision. You hardly ever see a GDRV owner with problems writing to TL.

My .02
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Out of curiosity, I searched FB Groups for "Grand Design". Geez - there were 44 of them! (and yes, they were all about GD RV's).
    Wow! . . . 44 FB sub-groups . I can’t figure out why they feel the need to restrict their conversations down to only those with the exact same model RV. Curious . . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12