Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Pointe microwave died, now what?

We've only managed to get three nights in our Reflection this year, although this is the fourth camping season we've had it. On Sunday when DH was making us some breakfast, the microwave suddenly went dark and then we smelled it - something in there had went "fzzzt!". We could smell burning electrical something or other - no smoke could be seen, but the microwave is dead. I haven't had much time, but I did find a couple places we can get a new one for around $100. We also discussed moving the one from the outdoor kitchen inside since we never use that one and it's exactly the same.

But! Before we do anything I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has had an issue with High Pointe microwaves, and to find out if there are any (possibly better) alternatives.

The model number of the microwave is EM925RWW.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the convection version and I'm on my 3rd one since taking delivery in Nov 2016. It's been replaced twice under warranty, once for not turning on anymore and the second time due to not coming anywhere near the set temp in convection mode (off by 125ish degrees). I've considered replacing, but the cost for a convection oven compared to the associated reviews isn't worth it to me. I'll prob reconsider WHEN this one stops working, I know it will at some point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to check the 120v outlet at microwave to confirm there is power there. Some have reported bad connections in wiring.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't rule out contacting GDRV Customer Service......they may or may not be able to work something out with you. There have been posts over the years of these taking a hike both under and post warranty.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next time we get up there (possibly this weekend?) we'll check the 120v but I'm fairly certain it's dead after smelling the burnt electronics. If we can fix it easily we will if not, I'll get in touch with GD customer service. Thanks all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our's just died this past weekend. Dead. There is power to the outlet. The thin is less than 13 months old (meaning just out of warranty - how convenient). Now in process of deciding next step. Replace with same model? Try to fix? From the dealer I was quoted $650 plus shipping for a replacement that I would have to install. I am thinking maybe all I need to do is replace a fuse. Any ideas/experience/recommendations out there with this issue?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call GD service directly. They may be willing to help and send you a replacement. They honored my TV and replaced it at the 14 month point.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    steveherbst - as my post #4 and Jim shared, taking care of owners and other stakeholders post normal warranties has been a haulmark of GDRV. There have been several posts of where GDRV has simply shipped a new microwave directly to the owner at no charge.

Customer Service 574 825 9679. This is rally week so customer service and the entire GDRV team is doing triple duty so do not be surprised if customer service is extremely busy and takes longer to resolve.

Keep us posted.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it finally happened as I mentioned in post 2 on this thread. My High Pointe convection oven died....this is the third one I've had since I picked up the camper in Nov 2016. I still have my previous one which worked, just didn't come all the way up to temp on convection mode. As an interim fix I'll grab that one out of storage before I buy a new one; I'm not sure GD will replace this a third time. I'm hesitant at buying a new non-RV convection oven due to their price vs the not so favorable reviews. We do use the oven daily so I need to figure out something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our High Pointe microwave (model # EM044K9E) stopped cooking this morning while cooking breakfast. It's making a labored noise and no cooking.

We have an extended warranty, so it will be taken care of somehow. Hopefully we can find a mobile tech here in Eugene / Springfield , Oregon area.

Is High Pointe still making just a microwave or do we have to get a microwave / convection oven? What I have been reading; the microwave / convection oven's are having lots of troubles.

Thanks, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast