User Tag List

Thread: New TV Antenna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New TV Antenna

My TV antenna is not working. I think this may have something to do with my leaving it up and depositing it in a tree in Georgia! It was the crank up bat wing antenna that came with my Reflection 29rs. Before I get on amazon and order a new one, I thought I would ask it there are any other alternatives that might work better? Any new and improved technology? Something that would also work as an antenna for my mobile hot spot would also be great. I figure if anyone would know, it would be this forum!
    Thanks, Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jim. I asked this question a while back. You can search for it if you want. The feedback I received was basically the crank up type gives you the best surface area for receiving signals. I considered replacing mine with the smaller king jack. Decided against that based on forum feedback.
    Another consideration. When you choose a replacement be sure it can function as your radio antenna also. The old one you had served a dual purpose

With respect to your mobile booster question. I be been in mobile telephony for the past 25 yrs.
    you will need a separate antenna due to the fact that mobile transmission and reception are in totally different spectrum. The frequency ranges are also very different. I’d suggest looking at Wilson Antenna or weboost.com. They have some good products. I use a weboost in my home and have no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike, Branden, and Wardell
    297RSTS
    Lacassine, La

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the crankup batwing on my prior fiver and the King Jack on my current 337. Parked in the same position, the King Jack is just slightly less sensative than the batwing - it seems to be in the shadow of the front AC unit. By slightly less sensative, I mean that sometimes it will/won't pick up my weakest local station. Personally, I like the King Jack because I don't have to worry about lowering it - like you, I had a few close calls.

It seems like there is a conversion plate or something to replace the batwing with the King Jack. Not a huge job, just messy like most roof jobs.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2018 303 came with the King Jacks. It seems to work pretty well in pulling in the local stations. I’ve had the crank up ones in the past and was had issues with the mechanism several times. And sure always concerned about leaving it up. I’m happy with the King Jacks. I will say that I am not a big TV watcher.
    Jeff and Gale
    Vancouver, WA
    New - 2020 GMC 3500 Duramax
    Old - 2005 GMC 2500 Duramax
    New - 2021 Solitude 310GK
    Old - 2018 Reflections 303 RLS