User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a few and they all got the job done but slow. Viair is very fast and no tank to create condensation so you don't need a water seperator.....it's dry air...... https://www.jegs.com/i/Viair/961/450...xoCljgQAvD_BwE
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed Viair with a question about recommend water filter. Here is their response.

“We don't have a moisture filter that we recommend with our portables. The chamber is pretty small so there's barely any moisture left in there and if you're not using a tank there's not much moisture to drain. A lot of our air suspension customers are using waster traps but they are using 2-3 compressors and 2 tanks so there's a need for that. You will be fine without it.”

Not as detailed as I would like but there you have it.
    Jeff and Gale
    Vancouver, WA
    New - 2020 GMC 3500 Duramax
    Old - 2005 GMC 2500 Duramax
    New - 2021 Solitude 310GK
    Old - 2018 Reflections 303 RLS

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP303 View Post
    I emailed Viair with a question about recommend water filter. Here is their response.

“We don't have a moisture filter that we recommend with our portables. The chamber is pretty small so there's barely any moisture left in there and if you're not using a tank there's not much moisture to drain. A lot of our air suspension customers are using waster traps but they are using 2-3 compressors and 2 tanks so there's a need for that. You will be fine without it.”

The size of the chamber(s) doesn't matter - it's the volume of air and the relative humidity. Not a very informed response in my opinion.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP303 View Post

The advice from Viair is disappointing. I am kind of surprised because I talked with them when I was considering different locations and orientations for my permanently mounted pump and the gentleman that I talked to was very knowledgeable. Now . . . I didn't think to ask about a moisture separator. The Viair response is considering only their compressor unit, it does not recognize that the tire is an "air tank". In my airbag system (which is also powered by my Viair compressor) I have air brake antifreeze (as recommended by AirLift) to counter any moisture from the compressor.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2630.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I inflated using my Viair I could see water come out when I cracked the seal at the tire valve. It certainly is putting water into the tires (granted this was last week which was VERY humid (and hot) here in Maine). I'll be looking at that water separator. Thanks for the pointer.
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The advice from Viair is disappointing. I am kind of surprised because I talked with them when I was considering different locations and orientations for my permanently mounted pump and the gentleman that I talked to was very knowledgeable. Now . . . I didn't think to ask about a moisture separator. The Viair response is considering only their compressor unit, it does not recognize that the tire is an "air tank". In my airbag system (which is also powered by my Viair compressor) I have air brake antifreeze (as recommended by AirLift) to counter any moisture from the compressor.

Rob
    I agree their response was weak. Yesterday I responded back to them pointing out that the tire was a “tank” and would hold the moisture pumped into it. If the respond back I will post it. Still looking for a water separator for the Viair that is small enough to be reasonable and is rated at least to 150psi.
    Jeff and Gale
    Vancouver, WA
    New - 2020 GMC 3500 Duramax
    Old - 2005 GMC 2500 Duramax
    New - 2021 Solitude 310GK
    Old - 2018 Reflections 303 RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Rob
    love how you mounted it. do you use your bed a lot? if so, have you had any issues with your compressor getting banged up or being in the way? I was thinking I would have to mount a future compressor under the bed so I can still fully use my bed area.... TIA.

Scot "Zee"
    If you're gonna go, go with a smile!

USAF Retired
    Started Camping: 1 June 2018
    2018 Imagine 3170BH a.k.a. Storm
    towed by: 2018 F350 Lariat DRW PS FX4 in Tri-coat Plat White (tinted windows and Gator Tri-Fold tonneau cover). a.k.a. Bolt
    Anderson Anti-sway WD Hitch.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rr2nv2018 View Post
    love how you mounted it. do you use your bed a lot? if so, have you had any issues with your compressor getting banged up or being in the way? I was thinking I would have to mount a future compressor under the bed so I can still fully use my bed area.... TIA.

Scot "Zee"
    Hi Scot "Zee",

I am always carrying something in the truck, but I am aware to not carry loose stuff where it can shift into the compressor and have never had a problem. I had the original Airlift compressor in this location for years. Things in the box tend to shift forward and the compressor (and the fire extinguisher opposite it) are all the way at the back and have never taken a hit.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    I use a 6 gal pancake compressor from Harbor Freight. My tires take 125psi and this charges to 150. Others I tried just couldn't do the job. Mine stays in the basement and I have a 50 hose so I can do all the tires on the rig and truck without the compressor leaving its spot.

Alan
    This is what I use. I want the tank and it helps keep water out of the tires as Rob mentioned. Also useful for projects and it is small enough that it can be stored in a shed or under the bed or on the compartment. Still useful and I can run tools off it.

In our 12 years or so Rv'ing the convenience of having one with us has been justified numerous times. Has saved more than a few neighbors of ours as well.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all. I spoke to Airlift this morning and they told me that they no longer recommend putting antifreeze in your airbags. They said it can "harm the sensor" (compressor/ manifold).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast