User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used to boondock a lot on multi travel days in our motorhomes. Our first MH, 26' and no slides, was 100% usable. Our 2nd MH, 40' DP was about 90% usable (2 slides both on driver side). We felt comfortable in the MH's boondocking, especially with having the generator to run air conditioning, TV, whatnots. We can get to the bedroom, bathroom, and fridge in our 310 without putting out the slides, but it feels fairly useless without power, and we're just not comfortable not sleeping in the tow vehicle in a parking lot.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2017 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Short Box, 4x4, SRW, Cummins 6.7
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Oth...dStatesMap.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a good idea to check, even in advance. More so than the store, some towns have an ordinance banning staying overnight in a parking lot.

As far as putting slides out, I've done both; in and out. Putting them out was more convenient, but I took into consideration where I was. A truck stop seemed like a more likely place for some nit-wit to run into a slide. So I left them in. Stayed in an Wal-Mart once, and was at the end, so I put the slides out. We stayed in a Rest Area once. Not restful at all with trucks coming and going all night.
    John & Joyce
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ford F-450 King Ranch
    I'd Rather Have More Truck Than I Need Than Need More Truck Than I Have

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12