0 Thread(s)
    Looks great. Good Chappy!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chap
    Great job, I will have to see what I can do. To darn hot for that right now.

Thanks for the post
    Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did basically the same thing as MtnGuy. I think it is going to work out fine.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Raising Sofa to Level Out Sofa Bed ??

I threw two six foot 2x4’s under our couch, painted them black, and screwed the couch down. This was just to make it sit higher, because it was difficult getting out of, huge improvement when you’re a tall guy.

We have a nice thick rug in front of the couch because it feels much better on bare feet than fake wood flooring.

Can’t even see the boards, I had to turn the flash on just to make them visible in a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning to cut an inch or two off the legs at the foot of the bed. Now you’ve given me something else to consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post retirement I have more time on my hands so decided to look at adjusting our sleeper sofa yesterday in our 2019 303. First thing I noticed was the adjustment in the fold out foot rail. Is this new? Seems like I've seen in other threads on this topic that people have had to cut this off in the past. Now it has three settings and came from the factory at the highest (most extended setting - shown). I first put it at the lowest setting and then moved it back to the middle setting, which raised the foot about 1 inch, instead of 2 in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sofa legs adjustment-2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	17626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sofa legs.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	17627

Then it was clear to me the head of the sofa near the wall still needed to come up so I temporarily shimmed it up about 1 in. and that seemed to work well. Like Chappy, I'm also replacing the small, thin 2" L-brackets with somewhat larger brackets. They are 2.5" brackets but are at least twice as thick as the original brackets. Had to bring them home to match drill them to fit the pre-existing holes in the floor. Also needed to cut the 3" x 3" x 1" thick spacers to put under the two feet at the head of the bed/sofa. Will finish it up today.

Name:	sofa side view close.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	17628
    Last edited by jlspence99; 02-12-2019 at 06:12 AM.
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jlspence99 - Would love to see what you did to adjust the back. Going to look at my 2018 303 this afternoon to see if the front legs have the same adjustment.
    2018 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ram BigHorn 3500 CTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
    jlspence99 - Would love to see what you did to adjust the back. Going to look at my 2018 303 this afternoon to see if the front legs have the same adjustment.
    Well, here you go. :-) Once you take out the screw(s) from the L-bracket holding the sofa to the floor, it's easy enough to pull the sofa away from the wall so that you can flip it on its front to access the back feet. The foot is held on by 2 screws.

Name:	Original Foot.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	17648

I removed the two original feet, attached the 1x3x3"spacers I made out of a 1"x6" I had laying around using some flat head screws that I counter-sunk a little (honestly just used the phillips head bit to wallow it out a little).

Name:	1 in spacer.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	17649

I then attached the original sofa feet over the top of the spacer. I had no need to make it pretty as the rear sofa feet aren't visible so no one would ever see them. I turned the original foot 90 degrees so not to have interference with the spacer screws.

Here is a pic of the flimsy original L brackets.

Name:	flimsy original brackets.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	17650

I removed them and replaced with new brackets. These are 2.5". If/when I see 3" at Home Depot or Lowes I'll get them and replace them. Regardless, these brackets are about 3 times as thick as originals and make the sofa more secure.

Name:	new bracket.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	17651

Lastly, here is a shot of a seam on the side of the sofa as compared to the top of the end table. Also, took a pillow and laid down on the bed. It is MUCH better than before - the blood isn't rushing to my head due to laying head-down.

Name:	Level.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	17652

Hope this helps someone.
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad to see this thread, I'll be doing this for sure. I ended up just sleeping the other way at an angle last season a few times. Still not comfortable

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlspence99 View Post
    Well, here you go. :-) ... It is MUCH better than before - the blood isn't rushing to my head due to laying head-down.
    Fantastic write-up, Jeff. Thanks for taking the time to document your mod. One more thing on my list!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast