User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hat's off to you, Bob. You do really good work.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    noticed some leaking on the hot side behind the nautalis panel......really have to figure out all the fittings needed.....soft hose sucks. a lot of fun trying to take off a plex fitting in tight quarters. put a hose clamp on the one leaking and now seem to have another one.....for now a small plastic tub and some rags.....the mess is intimidating back there.....

and great job Rob! WOW
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim

I think Rob had it "easy" compared to the new nautilus panel. Lots more hoses and stuff behind the new panel.
    Good luck and please post what and how you do your project , others will be watching what you come up with (me too).

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Jim

I think Rob had it "easy" compared to the new nautilus panel. Lots more hoses and stuff behind the new panel.
    Good luck and please post what and how you do your project , others will be watching what you come up with (me too).

Brian
    I think Brian is right on this. The Nautilus system was touted as the "fix" for the Kantleak system. The first time that I looked at the back of the Nautilus, I thought . . . sure am glad I don't have to sort out that mess . The Kantleak is a classic example of excellent design and poor execution. The single four way valve is actually very clever engineering. The Nautilus is more like "how can we make this work with four basic two way valves?"

"Patching up" either of these systems is a thankless and never ending job. Although it seems "daunting" at the onset, take a few days, rip out everything and start over with quality parts and an organized plan. The tools, parts and skills required are actually very basic. At the end, you will have a rock solid system that you fully understand and that you can stop worrying about .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do. Couple of starting point questions.

1. Is there a way to still get water into the rv when not using the panel? (cutting a specific line and putting a temporary hose fitting on the end)

2. when unscrewing the fitting at the back of the panel (making it easier to get the pex fitting off and putting a hose clamp back on), the fitting is either plastic or nylon and has a cone type gasket. Can i replace this with a specific Pex fitting (just the elbow) or does it have to have that cone gasket.

3. where to get the cone gaskets if needed?

will start a new thread when i get into it.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post

1. Is there a way to still get water into the rv when not using the panel? (cutting a specific line and putting a temporary hose fitting on the end)

2. when unscrewing the fitting at the back of the panel (making it easier to get the pex fitting off and putting a hose clamp back on), the fitting is either plastic or nylon and has a cone type gasket. Can i replace this with a specific Pex fitting (just the elbow) or does it have to have that cone gasket.

Jim,

I think this link should help you with the Nautilus system. Should let you pre-build the connections and them provides the order of installation as well. Should make at least that part of the plumbing rebuild easier.

http://www.bandbmolders.com/wp-conte...stallation.pdf

I am debating about doing this to come summer. Last thing I need is to have water damage due to incorrectly installed water pipes. I also think that you should be fine to re-use the cones. They are the same cones for the low point drains and we all use those over and over again.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post

Hi Jim (and Rob) . . . it is amazing how many projects are discussed on this forum between "Jims" and "Robs" .

See the attachment to post 1 on this thread and the subsequent discussion for an understanding of the tools and parts that you will need. Also the cone seals. The cones themselves are hard to find, but fittings with easily removable new cones are available in any Home Depot or similar. Also, how to make up a temporary "adapter" to solve a leak at at soft hose to pex fitting connection. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...860#post171860

(another Rob)
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Jim (and Rob) . . . it is amazing how many projects are discussed on this forum between "Jims" and "Robs" .

See the attachment to post 1 on this thread and the subsequent discussion for an understanding of the tools and parts that you will need. Also the cone seals. The cones themselves are hard to find, but fittings with easily removable new cones are available in any Home Depot or similar. Also, how to make up a temporary "adapter" to solve a leak at at soft hose to pex fitting connection. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...860#post171860

(another Rob)
    Yes lots of Rob's and Jim's. I happen to be both with middle name being James.

Thank for posting the tools and fittings page. Lots of great information.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As for "Robs" and "Jims". Our parents weren't very creative back then....

Jim (Another one)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    As for "Robs" and "Jims". Our parents weren't very creative back then....

Jim (Another one)
    I think there was a "name shortage" in the 50s LOL!
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast