User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you please share the PDF? I can not access the attached...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black tank valve replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Over the last few years, I have posted abou how to fix Kantleak system leaks, soft hose to Pex fitting leaks, a burst hose, the risks of leaving the water turned on, difficult gate valve operation and lack of furnace access on early Reflections. After wrestling with all of these things, I decided to rip it all out and build a plumbing system that would be the way I wanted it to be. Of course, this turned into a much longer project than expected (like that has never happened before ) but, each piece of the puzzle was not particularly difficult to accomplish. Not that anyone would likely take on all of this, but there may be ideas here that you can use. I post this story for those who have been following the bits and pieces of the project over several different threads.

Rob
    Hello Rob,
    I’m going to replace my black water tank valve. I can’t pull up your pdf. Any chance publishing it again?
    Mark777

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob abruptly left here a couple years ago to become a moderator on the GD run forum. Not sure if he ever checks in here from time to time.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I appreciate the info. Seeing his pdf would help a lot. Maybe I can look in other places about replacing a worn out black tank valve.
    Thanks again
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark777 View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate the info. Seeing his pdf would help a lot. Maybe I can look in other places about replacing a worn out black tank valve.
    Thanks again
    Mark
    Mark - your profile page indicates a 2018 Reflection. My and Rob's and early years Reflections had a different water system panel call Kantleak......I think you have the Nautilus. The plumbing system re-build is quite different and may not be applicable to your needs.

Try sending a PM to Rob @Cate & Rob if you still wish to get the pdf. I suspect Rob may still get PMs and will get the pdf to you via email. If that does not work, I will be happy to do so.

Also, a number of folks on the forum with the Nautilus system have done re-builds to some degree. Conduct a search using the word Nautilus and see what comes up. You may also wish to consider starting a new thread for your situation and see what responses you get.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Zede98 @Mark777
    The pdf is still attached to post 1 of this thread. If you can't open it, this may have something to do with your membership (paid or not?) on this forum. I am blocked on this forum from directing folks to where I have posted this attachment and further related information. See post 83 by minnow101.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know what happened but I must not have been logged in.
    The pics are great.
    Thanks for the info.

Left The Driveway
    Vancouver, BC, Colorado and the Southwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive. Thank you so much for this wealth of knowledge! Chris

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Cate & Rob: I have upgraded my RV from a 2008 (all pex) to a GD 2600RB. I have read a lot of posts concerning the leaking issue including those on this column. I fully agree that the utilization of pex adapters for joining braided hose and pex is the wrong way to go. Also, the closest the braided line is to a heat source (i.e. hot water tank), the more trouble you can get into. I have upgraded my tool kit to accommodate these potential issues with both colored pex lines, quick temporary fixes using sharbite by temporarily capping lines, a multitude of brass adapters pex/pex, gear clamps, etcetera.

Here is something that might interest you in the event you need a quick fix. Since a lot of the connections are made with cinch clamps, they are easy to remove to save the current connectors if you wish.

You could adapt a 1/2" x 1/2" PB Polybutylene adapter UC4008LFA (sharbite). One side is the standard pex fitting but the other side has a slightly larger fitting to fit braided hose with less slack. Indeed, you need to warm the hose in order to easily fit it over. You may use the supplied pex rings (tool expensive), use cinch clamps, or use an appropriately sized gear clamp on the braided size hose.

Sharing your valued opinion and comments on the above would be more than welcome.

Understandably, the long term solution is to remove all the hose and that is what I will eventually do. But in the meantime, ensuring a good leak proof connection as a temporary fix would be my goal. Especially since the repair will likely be done in the field (dry camping) and not next to a home depot or Lowes.

Pierre

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789