User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I think there was a "name shortage" in the 50s LOL!
    LOL!! For sure.
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Is there a way to still get water into the rv when not using the panel? (cutting a specific line and putting a temporary hose fitting on the end)
    Hi Jim,

Depending on what you want to leave functional . . . thinking that this might be cold water to sinks and toilet . . . this could be done. There is a main cold water line that connects to these three and the low point drain. If you (temporarily) cap the feed from the water supply system to this line and connect your city water hose to the cold low point drain, these three things will remain functional while you work on the rest of he system.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Jim,

I think this link should help you with the Nautilus system. Should let you pre-build the connections and them provides the order of installation as well. Should make at least that part of the plumbing rebuild easier.

http://www.bandbmolders.com/wp-conte...stallation.pdf

I am debating about doing this to come summer. Last thing I need is to have water damage due to incorrectly installed water pipes. I also think that you should be fine to re-use the cones. They are the same cones for the low point drains and we all use those over and over again.

Rob
    Saved that pdf and the others from Rob. Thanks guys. WOW! That step by step should help with all the parts and pre building......this ins nuts!

even in the directions it says Pex! Not that other crap!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So am i thinking correctly in that i could make up all the connections ahead of time, and then disconnect and remove the entire panel to work on on a flat surface?

I would also hope that all these numbers are correct! LOL
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So am i thinking correctly in that i could make up all the connections ahead of time, and then disconnect and remove the entire panel to work on on a flat surface?

I would also hope that all these numbers are correct! LOL
    That is my take away on the instructions. Once you have all of the pieces together I think you just follow the directions and install each set. The directions appear really good as they even tell you which connection on each section to install first.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might just tackle the hot water side for now but get all the supplies to do entire panel later. Hard to do when living in it and it is cold.

Wondering if changing out the pex fitting and clamps on the soft hose to the hoses going to the pump, water heater could get me through also. Like Rob shows, but still change the rest of the panel with Pex...
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might just tackle the hot water side for now but get all the supplies to do entire panel later. Hard to do when living in it and it is cold.

Wondering if changing out the pex fitting and clamps on the soft hose to the hoses going to the pump, water heater could get me through also. Like Rob shows, but still change the rest of the panel with Pex...
    Hi Jim,

At least two on this forum have had the soft hose burst at the outlet from the hot water heater. I would put Pex pipe replacements for these hoses high on the priority list. This also means that you can leave the OE Pex connections to the water heater and not have to deal with any potential problems with removing/replacing these 90* fittings.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Jim,

At least two on this forum have had the soft hose burst at the outlet from the hot water heater. I would put Pex pipe replacements for these hoses high on the priority list. This also means that you can leave the OE Pex connections to the water heater and not have to deal with any potential problems with removing/replacing these 90* fittings.

Rob
    Hi again Rob,
    Guess you're heading north about now ??? .....Have a safe trip home.
    I like your idea about prioritizing the re-build starting with HW heater and the few lines from it.
    Might copper manifold this one area as they are all feeds ?? Y or N ?

First off, can I really pre-build the Nautilus components prior to replacement ??
    Are their numbers to be trusted or better to re-build in place section at a time ??
    Dunno if I can stay crouched up in there for that long... LOL !!

Secondly, can you recommend what brand tools I'll need and the most economical place to find parts and those tools ??

I thought I saw these in another post but SEARCH comes up empty???

Thanks again pal,
    Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post
    Hi again Rob,
    Guess you're heading north about now ??? .....Have a safe trip home.
    I like your idea about prioritizing the re-build starting with HW heater and the few lines from it.
    Might copper manifold this one area as they are all feeds ?? Y or N ?

First off, can I really pre-build the Nautilus components prior to replacement ??
    Are their numbers to be trusted or better to re-build in place section at a time ??
    Dunno if I can stay crouched up in there for that long... LOL !!

Secondly, can you recommend what brand tools I'll need and the most economical place to find parts and those tools ??

I thought I saw these in another post but SEARCH comes up empty???

Thanks again pal,
    Michael
    I am sure Rob will be along with tool recommendations, but as for fitting in there, I can say that I am not small, and not flexible and it was not too bad. I completely emptied my storage and once I removed the partition wall there was plenty of room to stretch and roll around when it started to get uncomfortable. Hardest part was getting in and out.

I do think you could completely remove the Nautilus and rework part of it on a bench, but I was concerned about keeping track of what went where, so I did it one valve at a time so I would not be confused when I went to hook it back up.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's in the Plumbing and Water Systems section somewhere.
    I just marked: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...nd-Spare-Parts
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast