Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back From our First Trip

We have just returned from our first trip with our new 2019 Imagine 2800BH and 2018 F250. It was a two night night trip to Harker's Island, NC and Cape Lookout National Park. I think for the most part everything went really well. We did not have a couple of things that will certainly help on future trips (small table for outside cooking and Sewer Hose leveling system). We have a blue ox weight distribution system that I think still needs some adjusting. I have now put the trailer into our storage area. I am concerned that I have not done everything needed in terms of the plumbing system. Site was full hook up, so did not fill the fresh tank. Emptied both gray tanks and the black tank. We will use the trailer again in out 3 weeks. Do I need to do anything with the water that is left in the lines or with the hot water heater? Any thoughts, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    smupack, congratulations on your camper. glad you had a good first outing.
    A couple thing we do when not camping for a while is drain the water from the low point drains, unscrew the caps and turn on faucets in kitchen , bath, and replace caps. I do this so we do not get skunky water. I also turn the battery disconnect to off, helps save battery. Some have installed a complete battery disconnect, the factory one only shuts off certain items but battery still is generally good for a few weeks. Also if you drain hot water heater make sure it is full before you turn on the electric coil( I have done this and had to replace coil).I also try to leave a little clean water in both grey and black tanks with valves closed, this keeps the seals wet so as no to dry out.
    welcome to the group, to become a site sponsor it is only $12 a year, well worth lots of pics and info here.

Brian