User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Dhuggs. I'm pretty sure I want to do the Carefree EZ Zip, but I don't know if it will fit the extra track in my awning brand and model. That's what I haven't figured out yet. What are the brand and model of the awnings on a 2018 Solitude 310GK. I don't think we were given any manuals. Anyone know the answer?
    There should be a manufacturer’s logo on the plastic pieces at the ends of the arms and maybe a label on the underside of the awning material.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe all their swings are made by lippert. You just have to take off the end cap on one end to access the trac to slide it in. The one thing I will say is the ez zipp runs big. I ordered mine for a 15’ awning and it’s about 5” to long so I just fold it over and have my wife retract the awning.
    These skill fit any awning.
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the misspelled words... fat fingers 🤪

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuggs View Post
    Sorry for the misspelled words... fat fingers 🤪
    Hey Don - You can edit your posts on the forum, to fix spelling or whatever. (See "Edit Post" tab in the lower right)

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the label info, Rob. The Solitude 310GK awnings are Carefree of Colorado: larger awning is a Longitude, smaller awning is a Latitude. I'll call them this week to find out about their zippered extension. I need to find out if the free track will work for the extension, or will I have to use the track currently occupied by the LED lights.
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    We have a 2018 Solitude 310GK.The two awnings: one over the entry door extending forward to the bedroom window, the other over the curb-side slide-out. Both extend only about 6 feet out from the side of the trailer and are nearly horizontal when extended.

We're sitting here in Duluth, MN getting ready for the 4th of July, and we're boiling in the sun. The awnings provide no shade -- except to the top third of the 13.5 foot high trailer. What kind of moron product-owner engineers allowed this design to get released to manufacturing. The awnings provide no shade from the sun. None! Ludicrous. Clearly, they never field tested the awning.

1.Does anyone know the manufacturer of these awful awnings on the 310GK?

2. The awnings are so high, it will take a ladder to attach extension canvases to them. I've seen references to an extension canvas with a zipper that you can reach from the ground. Will the OEM awning on the 310GK accommodate such a system?
    Hey Steve!

I believe your awning is a Carefree awning. Sorry you are not enjoying your awning(s). This is something we have heard from others. I am going to send this info over to pour design team so they have it, as well as see if there is anything they can recommend for you.

Thanks!
    Emily

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Hey Steve!

I believe your awning is a Carefree awning. Sorry you are not enjoying your awning(s). This is something we have heard from others. I am going to send this info over to pour design team so they have it, as well as see if there is anything they can recommend for you.

Thanks!
    Emily
    Emily, please add this further note to the suggestions you'll be sending to the design team.

We were disappointed to discover that the LED lights in the 310GK awning aren't usable unless the awning is fully-extended; they are wrapped up in the awning. We had a season in a 320MKS on which the awning light strip is fixed on the trailer wall under the awning roller, where it nicely-illuminates the outside regardless of whether the awning is in or out. Folding that outside lighting up in the awning seems VERY strange and limiting.

I know that there's a large dome light on the wall under the awning for illumination when the awning is retracted. However its light is harsh and shadow-filled; the long strip on the 320MKS provided nice cool even light for that area.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Our 2014 303 is the same way. Thought the new awnings were better. Oh well. They are so bad I don't think we have put it out more 20 times in 4 years.
    This is our major (only) complaint about our 2014 Reflection 303. We are shopping for a new rig, but this just might eliminate the Solitude 310, at least until Grand Design changes the awning.

On edit, based on feedback from owners to Grand Design, this was changed in later 303 models. From what Jerry said at the third rally, this was not a simple change as they actually had to move the bedroom window to have enough room for the awning arms. Perhaps feedback on the 310 will result in future changes.
    Last edited by 2hams; 07-06-2018 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Clarify

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Hey Steve!

Thanks!
    Emily
    Emily we also have a 14 303 and at the first and second rally's this subject was discussed, Jerry even provided some new awning thinking they might extend out farther to help. They were the same thing. It was determined that nothing could be done, at least at that time. We could have gone to another awning manufacturer but the arms are different and mount differently. This would have left holes in the side of the rig to be patched. So we still have the same awning and deal with it. The drop screens are a way of dealing with it and it would work without too much effort. We haven't added the screen as of yet.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reply is directed to Emily. Could you please get clarification on the awnings on a 2018 310GK as to whether they are designed to be used in the rain, snow or how much wind they can tolerate. I live in the Rocky Mountains, and summertime weather can vary a lot. Afternoon thunder storms accompanied by high winds, rain and hail are common. Having the awning to keep the outdoor mats and chairs dry is a plus, but on our last trip out, the awnings flexed a lot with small amounts of wind, 5-10 mph. What is the general rule for what the awning can take without damage? Can the awning be set to slope one way or the other to channel rain water?
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast