User Tag List

Thread: Warm Water Only

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warm Water Only

We went on our third outing with our new trailer and stayed at a resort with full hook-ups, the Wife and I usually dry camp so this outing gave me a chance to check out more of the features on the trailer. I have a Atwood Model GC6AA-10E water heater and the water does not get very hot at all even when I turned both the gas and electric systems on to expedite heating and recovery rate. Our trailer is a rear kitchen model and the water heater is in the side rear so the water coming out at the kitchen faucet should be VERY hot, not so as my digital thermometer never read above 104 degrees. There is no temp adjustment at the water heater and after doing a little research found most RV water heaters are set to around 140 degrees. It appears I have another item for the dealer to fix but I was curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. I noticed that the gas burners did not cycle on very often like my other trailers so I thinking it's a bad relay or thermostat of some kind. Has anyone ever installed one of the adjustable style thermostats and if so how did it work? Regards, Coop
    Steve & Cindy
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Denali

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing to check is your outside "shower" valves. Make sure they are closed/off. Many have found them open/on which allows cold and hot to mix diluting the hot water else ware.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And...also make sure the bypass used when winterizing is fully closed (the manual should have a diagram as to how the 3 valves should be set).
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had this happen and the folks here correctly diagnosed the exterior shower valve being open. Fixed it completely.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    And...also make sure the bypass used when winterizing is fully closed (the manual should have a diagram as to how the 3 valves should be set).
    I believe my luke warm water heater issue is resolved. Brought the trailer home to prep for another trip and I checked the position of the outdoor shower controls as suggested by JCR GD, they were closed. Next as sande005 suggested I checked the position of the valves on the back side of the WH (on my Imagine 2250RK it is accessed from a panel under the stove) and found the by-pass valve open which allows the hot and cold water to mix. I closed the valve and expect to have very hot water the next time I fire the WH up, thanks so much for the suggestions! Coop
    Steve & Cindy
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Denali