User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    FL but 5 months here and 5 months there !
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dick, your comment is curious to me, how did you infer, specifically, from my post that I don't have enough knowledge of my rig to disallow my doing this install. Quite a stretch really, I have rebuilt three houses, two cars and consider myself quite handy and this install is actually quite simple. So I think your comment is out of place. My point was that I really just did not want to crawl around behind the false panel because the video was for a rig where the shore cable had an inside route which I incorrectly and stupidly assumed I had.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi DMB - I think the gist of the story is that the EMS can't "see" any problems downstream of it and with the unit at the post, there are a number of things that can go wrong between the EMS and the RV electrical panel.

We all learned through Paul's experience and Curtis' explanation of what was going on, that losing a power cord neutral connection at either end of the cord or at the RV wall connection can have disastrous results, even if your EMS located at the post is quite happy with the park electricity that it sees.

BTW, this is a unique situation to a 50A supply where losing the neutral can feed 240V to the trailer. One way around this is to use the 30A park outlet if you don't need more power than this. If you have a neutral disconnect, things won't work, but nothing will get damaged. This is what we often do, because our single AC Reflection 303 really can't use anywhere near the 100 amps of 120VAC power that it is wired for.

Rob
    Thanks for the explanation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Our Progressive Industries EMS tripped during the night with an E3 high-voltage error (over 132 volts) and cut off power to our rig, so we were down to 90% this morning.
    PE3 just means previous or prior E3 error, as in this was at least the 2nd time this error occurred.

I'm glad we spent $260 on this EMS!

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are days in which I wish my trailer was on site. I got my EMS-HW50C and I have about 5 feet of 6/3 wire downstairs from a project I did a decade or so ago. Now I just need time to do it LOL
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123