User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RV Garage/Barn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Garage/Barn

Looking at constructing a pole barn or garage for my camper. Wanted to hear whom everyone went with and some ballpark pricing. I was thinking about 30x40x14 with a 12ft garage door and a standard garage door. Wanted to hear thoughts on this, in-case we upgrade the camper in the future.
    2023 Ram 2500 Mega diesel
    2023 Imagine 2910
    Gone but not forgotten:
    2018 Imagine 2400BH - with chaise lounge

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went with a "steel structure/car port". 20x41x14 Rated for snow and wind loads in NY. Three sided open in front. $7100 installed which was less then 1/2 the price of a pole barn. Most of these are all manufactured by a few different plants in North Carolina.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171101_163650970.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	13722

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a 14' tall header for the entrance. Preferably 14' wide but at least 12'.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Get a 14' tall header for the entrance. Preferably 14' wide but at least 12'.
    Good advice, the opening on my pole barn which (was already there) is 12' high. That gives my 312BHTS about 6" of space when the camper is level. It has about 1/2" clearance if I am lazy and don't use the wdh to level the camper. The front is low without the wdh which raises the rear AC unit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have metal carport that is high enough for camper, one thing I wish I had done is get one with roof that ribs on roof run down instead of across like most you see. The ribs catch leaves and I have to get on top and blow off several times during fall of year. If you get metal one be sure to get 4 foot siding at top on 3 sides; this gives it support in windy weather and keeps sun off rubber roof of camper. Also have them put braces to roof on ever support post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by savage99ss View Post
    Looking at constructing a pole barn or garage for my camper. Wanted to hear whom everyone went with and some ballpark pricing. I was thinking about 30x40x14 with a 12ft garage door and a standard garage door. Wanted to hear thoughts on this, in-case we upgrade the camper in the future.
    We went with a 28' x 44' x 16' high pole barn, with 13'9" high x 12' wide doors.

The legal height limit on most US roads is 13'6" high, so that is why we decide to go with the 13'9" doors. For that height of door, you probably need a 16' ceiling. The wide doors allow us a little wiggle room when backing in.

The 44' length is to allow longer RVs to fit (for future owners), as our 337 RLS is probably going to be the biggest RV we even have.

We wanted to keep the smallest footprint possible for aesthetic purposes on our 1/2 acre lot, and not block our view any more then neccesary.............plus to keep costs down. We wanted it big enough to allow some room to move around when we have the Jeep, truck and camper in the garage, and the size has worked out good for us.

Name:	IMG_3391.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	13727
    Chap, Joy, and furbaby Argus
    2017 F350 diesel, 4x4, crew cab, short bed
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    B&W slider for Ford 5th wheel prep package

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is ANY chance at all that you might move up to a fifth wheel some day, go 45' long and at least 15' high on the door.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving all the advice and pictures. Don’t forget to post what you paid. This is helping me a lot.
    2023 Ram 2500 Mega diesel
    2023 Imagine 2910
    Gone but not forgotten:
    2018 Imagine 2400BH - with chaise lounge

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
    We went with a 28' x 44' x 16' high pole barn, with 13'9" high x 12' wide doors.

The legal height limit on most US roads is 13'6" high, so that is why we decide to go with the 13'9" doors. For that height of door, you probably need a 16' ceiling. The wide doors allow us a little wiggle room when backing in.

The 44' length is to allow longer RVs to fit (for future owners), as our 337 RLS is probably going to be the biggest RV we even have.

We wanted to keep the smallest footprint possible for aesthetic purposes on our 1/2 acre lot, and not block our view any more then neccesary.............plus to keep costs down. We wanted it big enough to allow some room to move around when we have the Jeep, truck and camper in the garage, and the size has worked out good for us.

Name:	IMG_3391.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	13727
    "That's a nice building, Chappy" he says as he drools on the keyboard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    "That's a nice building, Chappy" he says as he drools on the keyboard.
    Thanks, Chief. Back away from the keyboard before you short out that puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by savage99ss View Post
    Loving all the advice and pictures. Don’t forget to post what you paid. This is helping me a lot.
    Without giving out exact pricing, it can get expensive depending on options. I think my basic garage was $24,000. But add wainscoting to the bottom (for decoration) , overhangs, better windows, man doors, bigger garage doors, insulated ceiling, floor drains, guttering, snow stops, etc. and it adds up. My concrete floor and apron was something like $7000. I had only about a 35" ground drop diagonally from the low to high end and I had to have 127 tons of stone delivered to the tune of $2700 to level that out. I probably have $1000 or so to run electric to the garage from the house (~80' away, so that alone was something like $250), a panel box, light fixtures, wiring, and receptacles, including a 30 amp box for the camper.

I have never figured up the total cost of my garage. Building permits and excavating would figure into that figure, also. I will say it did not cost as much as my 2017 337 RLS, but is getting up close to that.

Don't you know that my real estate taxes went up about the same amount that the building permit was issued for.

We hope to recoup the cost when we sell our house in the future, and also to be able to sell our 5th wheel, F350, and maybe even my 1998 Jeep at a premium because of being inside out of the sun, hail, and such.
    Chap, Joy, and furbaby Argus
    2017 F350 diesel, 4x4, crew cab, short bed
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    B&W slider for Ford 5th wheel prep package

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast