Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contacting Customer Service - Need Advice.

So I've called GD customer service (574-825-9679) a number of times and always get a recording that call volumes are higher than normal and to please leave a message. I've yet to get a call back (even after weeks).

I called their main number today (574-825-8000) about 6 or 8 times and the call just circles around and around when requesting customer service or extension 500. One time before I got my rig someone did answer the main number and I got immediate help (sales help).

So I just emailed them on their web site. From searching this forum that seems to be the most productive way to get help.

What is everyone else experiencing?

Thanks. Just put me down as 'still remaining hopeful and positive' (in spite of my general impatient nature).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dawg. I moved your post to the "Tech Corner" of the forum and tagged Emily Stahley so GDRV can weigh in.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's any consolation, I just emailed them today also. It's only been an hour or so, therefore I'm remaining hopeful like you. I'll keep you posted on response.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are/aren't they (GD main office) shut down this week with the 4th of July? I thought I saw something to that effect. I could be all wrong (as usual).

Chris

PS I have never had a call back from any of the four voice mail messages (all different issues) I have left with customer service over the past 3 months. However, I have always gotten excellent service when I have gotten someone in customer service on the phone. My approach now is first call on a subject if I get voice mail I leave a message. A day or two later (when no reply) I call and keep trying once or twice a day (no more) until I get a live person. I have been fortunate in that all my issues have been minor and I do not need immediate help.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Are/aren't they (GD main office) shut down this week with the 4th of July? I thought I saw something to that effect. I could be all wrong (as usual).

Chris

PS I have never had a call back from any of the four voice mail messages (all different issues) I have left with customer service over the past 3 months. However, I have always gotten excellent service when I have gotten someone in customer service on the phone. My approach now is first call on a subject if I get voice mail I leave a message. A day or two later (when no reply) I call and keep trying once or twice a day (no more) until I get a live person. I have been fortunate in that all my issues have been minor and I do not need immediate help.
    Chris - I was wondering if maybe folks were off for the week/holiday but would have expected a message to that effect. Just gonna say that for all the kudos I've read here about customer service I haven't experienced it - yet. I've got phone numbers (including cell numbers) for 2 key people at GD but am not ready to go that far yet until I see how customer service responds to my email. I'll call again next week.

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Dawg. I moved your post to the "Tech Corner" of the forum and tagged Emily Stahley so GDRV can weigh in.

Jim
    Jim, thanks. I wasn't sure exactly where to put the post. I'm hoping my call(s) are just a fluke - we'll see.
    Larry KE4DMG

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would share with you that over the last couple of weeks I have sent the GD customer service an email and I have received a call back on both occasions within 24 business hours.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had much better luck with email than calling. Invariably when I try to call, I get voice mail. And even with specific details and a specific way to get back to me, oftentimes I do not receive a call back. When I email, it usually takes a couple of days before I get a response, but at least I get a response.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to get through on the phone.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like customer service response is all over the map. I have received a response from GD in as little as 2 hours using the message page on their website. There was a time in the middle of a claim that contact was lost for a week due to a medical issue on their agent's part. He could have updated his voice mail greeting or sent an email I suppose. I was patient and the claim was satisfied beyond my expectations.
    Keep after them, hopefully you'll get the satisfaction a lot of us have had.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    So I've called GD customer service (574-825-9679) a number of times and always get a recording that call volumes are higher than normal and to please leave a message. I've yet to get a call back (even after weeks).

I called their main number today (574-825-8000) about 6 or 8 times and the call just circles around and around when requesting customer service or extension 500. One time before I got my rig someone did answer the main number and I got immediate help (sales help).

So I just emailed them on their web site. From searching this forum that seems to be the most productive way to get help.

What is everyone else experiencing?

Thanks. Just put me down as 'still remaining hopeful and positive' (in spite of my general impatient nature).
    Good afternoon!
    I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time reaching our team. Wanted to check and see if you were able to get an answer to the email you sent. We typically reply back whether phone or email within 24 hours. If we are exceeding that, we like to have people let us know (which is why this forum is great!).
    Thanks!

Emily

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Good afternoon!
    I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time reaching our team. Wanted to check and see if you were able to get an answer to the email you sent. We typically reply back whether phone or email within 24 hours. If we are exceeding that, we like to have people let us know (which is why this forum is great!).
    Thanks!

Emily
    Still no call or email since 3:00pm on Friday.
    Larry KE4DMG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast