Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I check all 3 circuit breakers. Breaker with Positive Cable reads 4.5. Breaker that only has Positive wire from GC 3.0 reads zero. The circuit breaker with negative leads reads 0.2. What does all this mean. Is one of them likely bad?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan 337 View Post
    Update: I check all 3 circuit breakers. Breaker with Positive Cable reads 4.5. Breaker that only has Positive wire from GC 3.0 reads zero. The circuit breaker with negative leads reads 0.2. What does all this mean. Is one of them likely bad?
    This does not sound right. Let's come back to the breakers in a minute. Hopefully someone with a Reflection/Ground Control 3 system will chime in here. I do not have that system and am taking my best shot. if you still have no lights/text on your Ground Control panel, I would suspect the 10A(?) in-line fuse is blown. You may have two problems here (breakers & fuse). Have you found the in-line fuse? You may have to open up the split loom some to find it (mine was really tucked in tight). Again, in my trailer (which uses a totally different jack scheme) it was in the vertical wire bundle tucked back in the corner of the front compartment (to the left (curb side) and slightly above the circuit breakers). Mine was on a smaller (14 gauge) white w/red tracer wire (but the color codes are NOT consistent). I believe this fuse supplies power to the CG 3.0 controller.

Back to the breakers. If you have 4.5v drop across a breaker, that is way to high and is a bad breaker. Has anyone rewired the trailer? The reason I ask is I do not see any connection to the near post (terminal) of the middle breaker. I do not think GD would not put in a breaker that is not used. Can you post a picture of the breakers from straight on showing the connections like I have in post #3 ? That might help. You said "[COLOR=#3 33333]Breaker that only has Positive wire from GC 3.0". Which breaker is that in your picture (the middle one)? How do you know it goes to GC 3.0 (where you able to trace it)?

[/COLOR]Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not found an in line fuse. I will continue to look for this. Have not rewired anything other than replacing 12V batteries with 4 6V batteries. Friend of mine did this but I doubt he changed where the wires were connected to the circuit breakers. I was able to trace the Positive wire from the circuit breaker straight to the Controller that is mounted Center on top in the front storage compartment. This Positive cable is not in any Split Loom as you put it though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	breakers.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	13741

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my LevelUp (hydraulic) system, I have a main heavy (6 gauge) power wire from the load side of the circuit breaker. I think that is the equivalent wire you traced. In addition, I have a smaller (14 gauge) wire from the hot side of the breaker (battery side) that supplies power to the display/control pad in the pass through (basement) that has an inline fuse. Sorry, I really wish I had a picture of this.

On my system, I have a level sensor/controller for my jacks mounted in the top center of my front compartment. Yours will probably be a little different and say Ground Control 3.0 (not LevelUp) on it. Note: Yours will probably still say "front of vehicle" and "this side down".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9282.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	13743

This is separate from the slide (Schwintek) controller

Name:	IMG_9279.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	13744

And I have a display/control pad on the basement door (yours maybe on a bracket just inside the door).

Name:	IMG_8996.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	13745

Want to make sure we are talking about the same things. You have no lights or display on the display/control pad (last picture). Is this correct?

Chris

Ignore the "attached" pictrure. I do not know how to delete it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180504_155717.jpg  
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Positive 8G wire running from bottom of middle breaker to controller. Negative 8G wire running from ground below breakers to Controller. No lights or sounds coming from the display panel. Using multi meter I am getting 12+ Volts at the controller. I used a tester light and got a positive reading from the black wire that hooks into the Display panel for GC 3.0 inside of front storage compartment. This system I believe has a “level” sensor mounted at the rear of the trailer. Not visible.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the picture in post #7 , the middle breaker is bypassed (it does nothing). I really think someone has rewired this (i.e. not factory) and suspect it is because they had a problem too. Are you the original owner? Have you had any electrical work done (besides changing to 6v batteries)?

I believe the "Level sensor" is part of the controller which is separate from the display/control panel. That is why the controller/level sensor has the "vehicle front" and "This side down" labels.

I am running out of ideas. Sounds like you have power to both the controller and the display pad. If you have tried Jerry's suggestion of removing a battery cable (and I will add NOT be plugged into shore power) for a minute or so to for the controller and display pad to reset, I am not sure what to tell you.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chris thanks for everything. I am the original owner and no other electrical done besides the battery swap. I did change the circuit breaker and that did not change anything. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (49).png 
Views:	21 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	13746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (52).png 
Views:	25 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	13747
    I have attached a picture of the Rear Sensor Level that is installed at the rear of the trailer somewhere and the "ground control module" that is in the front compartment. Not sure if this makes any difference. Yes I did try removing battery cable for a few minutes with no success.

What is the possibility that the Control Pad is just bad? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (54).png 
Views:	25 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	13748

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct. It looks like you have two sensors, the remote rear one and one built into the controller.

Anyway, you have verified power at the controller and the display panel and replaced the circuit breaker (I still think the middle breaker in your post 4# is bypassed and non-functional). So next up is either a bad component (controller or display/touch panel) as you suggested or a nasty "poor connection" located "somewhere". . Note: Angry smiles reflect my view of the problem, not of you. I think it is time to call in the pros. If you want to try something, get some electrical contact/switch cleaner (usually in a spray bottle), pull the electrical connector one at a time, spray them and reinstall. The small control wires/connectors are usually the culprit. Again, this is only if you want to try something. I have about a 5% hit rate of this fixing things (usually another cause is the problem).

Good luck and let us know when you find the problem (I am rooting for you).

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. I have an email into Lippert hoping to hear back by Monday or Tuesday. Called Grand Design and left message on Friday but never heard back. I guess I will be setting up camp on Thursday manually🤬.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: I received email from Lippert this morning. Answered a few of their questions and they determined I need to replace the Touch Pad. I then got my return phone call from Grand Design. I explained to them that Lippert diagnosed the issue of Touch Pad needing replacement. He offered to send me a replacement Touch Pad. Now that is customer service.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast