Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Power to Ground Control 3.0 Leveling System

I have read other posts regarding an in-line fuse and resettable breaker. I cannot find either, I have followed the wires to the controller and have found nothing. Dealer was no help and cannot get me in for 3 weeks. Any guidance is appreciated...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow the positive battery cable from the battery. It will go into a plastic box, the breakers are in there. The system fuses on mine are mounted to the top of the front storage compartment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, welcome to the forums Ryan.

If you post your make model (and possibly year) of trailer, people can give you a much more specific answer. Please explain what problem you are having, or if this is just general information.

On my Solitude (hydraulic system similar to a Momentum), the breakers are under a light weight plastic cover on the back wall of the front compartment directly behind the battery. Just follow the positive (heavy red) wire from the battery. It will take you to a buss bar connecting multiple automatic reset circuit breakers. This is what it looks like under the cover.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9181.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	13730

Follow the heavy red wire (in this case on the bottom circuit breaker - maybe different on your trailer) to the reversing solenoid on the curb side wall next to the hydraulic pump. The breaker connected to this wire will supply power to the hydraulic pump. This is the 50A breaker people (including myself) are having problems with.

In my Solitude, there is a 10A inline fuse in the middle of the vertical wire bundle just above and to the left (curb side) of the circuit breakers. This supplies power to the LevelUp controller. Sorry, I do not have a picture of this fuse.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS - I have removed the cover as oldguy suggested. I do see breakers, just not resettable breakers as I was under the impression that is how they are installed. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3023.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	13733

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, those are the circuit breakers you were asking about. The stock breakers are autoreset (after they cool off - a few seconds to maybe 10 seconds they reset themselves). You can not manually reset them. Of course, if the overload/short is still present they will trip again.

A Reflection will not have the hydraulic pump and solenoid. I do not know how they distribute power to the jacks and slides, but there are many 337 (and 303) owners on the forums with first hand knowledge.

Again, are you having problems or just looking for information?

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am having problems. I had to manually crank them to get the trailer home from the 4th July outing. Still have trailer on truck now since I cannot get the Leveling system powered up. My next step I guess will be to replace those breakers to see if that resolves the issue.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your battery disconnect switch "on"? It is the big red switch typically located in your basement (pass through compartment). That has caused a lot of problems for people. It gets turned off, battery does not get charged and causes many problems.

Do you have a voltmeter? What is the battery voltage reading? Should be above 12.0v (preferably 12.5v) for the jack system to work properly. The battery indicator on your monitor panel is not accurate enough, however, if it shows low voltage (<12.0v) with minimal load you have other problems that could be effecting your jack system. Before replacing the breaker, check the voltage across the two terminals of the breaker. It should be 0v (or very close to it) from one terminal to the other of the same breaker. If not 0v (more than a fraction of a volt), the breaker is bad.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any text displayed on the GC3 control panel? Is the display backlit?

Try to remove battery negative cable for a few minutes and reconnect it. My GC3 was non responsive after my battery slowly drained. POPO (power off, power on) fixed it. It’s worth a try.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, the way my 337 is wired, the battery disconnect switch does not disconnect the GC3.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battery disconnect is good. I have had that issue before as well. I can try to disconnect battery for a few minutes and reconnect. Worth a shot. CoChris I have a set of four 6V batteries and they seem to be fine. I did check them and they were showing over 6V each when we tested them when this issue first started on July 3rd. I haven't checked the volts on the breaker yet. I will check both of these things out tomorrow morning.

I failed to mention when this all started when I first setup up camp, the Auto Level seemed to "freeze" saying it was analyzing. Wouldn't finish so I hit a button to stop it and restart the process. It did the same thing and the back Jacks never did come down. I didn't realize there was a REAL issue until the night before leaving I decided to check things out and I found out the system would not even power on. No lights on the control panel at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast