User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    Tom mentioned Yellowstone, but I think he meant Jellystone in Kerrville, which is over 2 hours west of Austin.
    No - I meant Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. That was the best. The camp was a large loop with several small loops off it. As I recall all the sites were pull-throughs off the small loops. Lots of space and trees between the sites. Lots of privacy and not very much traffic in the small loops. That was probably my favorite park. I also remember Memaloose and Maryhill, both east of Hood River, OR on the Columbia River and Nehalem Bay State Part just south of Manzanita, OR on the Pacific coast. The parks were OK, but they were on amazing water so were overall pretty great. We're looking for parks that are wonderful to hang out in. They need space and privacy and things to do, like hike, bike, swim, windsurf, SUP. We're definitely water people.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember the RV park in Glacier National Park, but I remember staying one day in the nearby KOA. It was a parking lot and we couldn't wait to get out. This was back in the 90s.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also for others maybe reading this thread that might be passing through Central Texas Austin. I would seriously consider pulling my rig down to Galveston. It's only about 5 hours driving time from Austin.
    Down highway 71 or 290, to I10 then east to the Sam Houston Tollway to I45 down to Galveston. You can take in the sites at Galveston, Moody Gardens, Fisherman's Wharf, tour an oil rig, tall ship Elissa, tour some of the old mansions there and the gulf boat tour of the harbor. You can also tour Navy ships and go inside of a submarine.

Then plan to visit NASA & the Johnson Space Center which is South East Houston a short drive from Galveston. Take the tour through mission control and you can take in all of the Saturn 5 rocket and tour inside the Space Shuttle. This is also great for kids, lots of stuff for the kids or grand kids to do and see.

If you have time stop by the battleship USS Texas in the Houston ship channel. You can go inside the gun turrets and go down into the ship to the engine room. Just at the other end of the of the park is the San Jacinto battleground and monument where Texas won its independence from Mexico. These sites are also in South East Houston close to the space center.

Just some ideas
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12