User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Ski View Post
    Day 2 (cont'd):
    The stiffener/load distributing bars are fabricated and welded to the frame.
    Steve,
    Was wondering how much lift you ended up. I assume the stiffener/load distributing bars were sized to help you level the FW.

Thanks,

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Steve,
    Was wondering how much lift you ended up. I assume the stiffener/load distributing bars were sized to help you level the FW.

Thanks,

Gene
    Hi Gene

Short answer, Our rig was not lifted or lowered using the IS suspension.

Long answer: When we went in, the rear A/C topped out at 13’-5”. The front A/C was 13’-6”. Barely legal. Both the A/C measurements and the frame-to-ground measurements had us 1” high on the front. Since our Reese hitch was height adjustable, it was decided to lower the front 1” by adjusting the hitch. I had about. 7½” over the bed rails before, now I have 6”.

For folks worrying about exceeding legal height limits: The 7K “axles” are 1” shorter than the 8K. The load distribution rails they welded to my frame came to 5”. They were going to put 4” rails on when they thought I wanted the 8K system. That alone tells me that they could have dropped me 1” more (if not for the issue with my gray water drain pipe and the loss of even more bed rail clearance). Keep in mind that the rails are also sized to provide adequate clearance from the tires to the floor. This is important as the IS system has up to 5½” of travel (leafs were about 3” on a good day). At some point tire clearance becomes a limiting factor.

Adding rear height for those who want/need it is probably an easier thing to do. Again, I’m speculating and would strongly advise calling them for this info.

BTW, to measure height, borrow a 10’ carpenter’s level. Use it to find some level ground (front to back, side to side) to park your rig. Balance the level on the crown of your A/C shroud with the ends of the level dangling over the RV’s sides. Have an assistant hold the bottom of the tape to the level surface you’re parked on and measure from the bottom of the level to ground. Repeat for each side. Rinse and repeat for each AC.

Here’s three pics showing the IS mounting brackets that attach to the rails:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8DDFCBFB-A1DA-408F-877B-C70E77665481.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	19096

Name:	C58083F2-E0B1-414E-AC63-EF899ABF05C9.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	19097

Name:	C6CC622D-5F02-40E7-A9B1-171F3B8440F2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	19098
    Last edited by Luv2Ski; 04-07-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great detailed posting on this! I’m sold!! I will be planning for this in the near future. I hope they will have a rep at the Rally in August to discuss and get pricing from. Want to look at all they offer as we only tow about 3-4K miles per year. Mostly set up as seasonal in Maine but want to feel safer and more confident when towing.
    Thanks again
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuggs View Post
    I hope they will have a rep at the Rally in August to discuss and get pricing from.
    FYI, the MorRyde factory is ~10 miles from the Elkhart County Fairgrounds. I've been communicating with Brian Hosinski and I'd surmise that he'd be glad to show you around and answer any questions you may have. (I have an appt immediately following the rally to get work done on my 315RLTS.)

Standard disclaimer: I have no connection to this company and I have no interest whatsoever whether you contact Brian or not.

Name:	Brian.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	20329
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Howard, didn’t realize they were that close. I’ll definitely be visiting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just returning from having my 2015 Solitude upgraded to the MORryde IS with disc brakes. The staff at MORryde was great to work with from the receptionist at the Service Center, the tech who did the work and Brian Hosinski. The process could not have been easier. I arrived the day before my scheduled appointment and parked in spot #1 in their parking lot. The morning of the appointment, Brian found me finalizing my steps to have the coach ready for them. I move the coach into the spot directly in front of the service bays and Sergio came out to take the initial measurements...2.5" pin high.

Once backed into the bay, I unhooked and found some things to do (me and the 4 dogs). Returned around 1:30pm and spoke with Sergio. Old axles off, frame prepped for the new axles, brake lines routed and the hydraulic actuator already in place. Day 2 would be the installation of the IS and brakes. I elected to have the Timkin bearings (better IMHO).

Checked in around 1pm on Day 2 at Sergio's request and he was just starting the alignment. He asked me to have a seat in the lounge and he would be done in about 30 minutes. He found me 30 minutes later and had me hook up and test drive it. Upon return from the around the block test drive he looked at the brake connections and took the final measurements...1/2" pin high. They also had to replace my 1/2" lug nuts with 9/16".

Reviewed my bill with Brian, settled my account and departed. The Indiana Toll road is a good test for the IS and I am very pleased with the outcome. Fewer things moving around in the coach. The towels in the bathroom still hanging on the hooks. Handling is more controlled and confident. I tinkered with the gain for the disc brakes. Moved from 8.5 on the drum brakes to 4.5 with the disc brakes. Yes, they do shorten the stopping distance!

Overall, great experience working with MORryde and the upgrade is money well spent for me. I don't have any angst over joining the broken spring club now.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review and congratulations on your new upgrade!! Thanks for sharing the experience. A friend of mine just had this upgrade done on his Heartland Landmark and basically said the same thing. He couldn’t believe the difference either.
    Safe travels
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading all the comments on this thread makes me wonder if I should go with this upgrade. My 2019 303 has almost 6000 trouble free miles on it and have been very happy with it. We are planning a long trip next year. I notice that mostly heavier units are getting Moryde IS upgrade. Would the 303 (11995 gvwr) be a candidate for this. I would go for the works with the disk brakes as well. I’ve yet to come across anyone regretting this upgrade or any problems unless I overlooked it. I know it’s pricey, but I’m willing if it helps with a smoother ride and reduced chance of suspension failures.
    Chip and Janice, Mize Mississippi
    Retired USN MCPO 1998, Retired USPS 2011
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7 LB DRW
    B&W Companion

2017 F250 King Ranch 6.7
    2019 303RLS, Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sold on this as well. For me, I am a few years away from retirement, and currently doing mostly long weekend trips in the 3 hour drive ball park. My thought is to put it off for a few years right before I start doing longer trips.

Thanks for all of the great information.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCM98 View Post
    Reading all the comments on this thread makes me wonder if I should go with this upgrade. My 2019 303 has almost 6000 trouble free miles on it and have been very happy with it. We are planning a long trip next year. I notice that mostly heavier units are getting Moryde IS upgrade. Would the 303 (11995 gvwr) be a candidate for this. I would go for the works with the disk brakes as well. I’ve yet to come across anyone regretting this upgrade or any problems unless I overlooked it. I know it’s pricey, but I’m willing if it helps with a smoother ride and reduced chance of suspension failures.
    We have a 2014 303 and have not done the disc brake or Moryde upgrade. I'm not so sure they would make that big of a difference in the lighter trailers like the 303. We have had to make a panic stop a few times over the years and were able to do it. As far as the Moryde we have left things sitting on the counter before and have found them where we left them when we got to our destination. We do have an air hitch though that does help a lot with the ride. Now Rob in Rob and Kate have done the upgrades on their 303 and have nothing but good things to say about them. Rob is a very smart man and does not do things without a good reason. I guess what I am saying is at least on the lighter trailers it may not be absolutely necessary but it would help. You never know when that little bit of help can make a big difference. If it is one of the bigger trailers I would say to do the up grade.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast