User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Do I need a MORryde independent suspension and disc brakes?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Ski View Post
    Day 2 (cont'd):
    The stiffener/load distributing bars are fabricated and welded to the frame.
    Steve,
    Was wondering how much lift you ended up. I assume the stiffener/load distributing bars were sized to help you level the FW.

Thanks,

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Steve,
    Was wondering how much lift you ended up. I assume the stiffener/load distributing bars were sized to help you level the FW.

Thanks,

Gene
    Hi Gene

Short answer, Our rig was not lifted or lowered using the IS suspension.

Long answer: When we went in, the rear A/C topped out at 13’-5”. The front A/C was 13’-6”. Barely legal. Both the A/C measurements and the frame-to-ground measurements had us 1” high on the front. Since our Reese hitch was height adjustable, it was decided to lower the front 1” by adjusting the hitch. I had about. 7” over the bed rails before, now I have 6”.

For folks worrying about exceeding legal height limits: The 7K “axles” are 1” shorter than the 8K. The load distribution rails they welded to my frame came to 5”. They were going to put 4” rails on when they thought I wanted the 8K system. That alone tells me that they could have dropped me 1” more (if not for the issue with my gray water drain pipe and the loss of even more bed rail clearance). Keep in mind that the rails are also sized to provide adequate clearance from the tires to the floor. This is important as the IS system has up to 5” of travel (leafs were about 3” on a good day). At some point tire clearance becomes a limiting factor.

Adding rear height for those who want/need it is probably an easier thing to do. Again, I’m speculating and would strongly advise calling them for this info.

BTW, to measure height, borrow a 10’ carpenter’s level. Use it to find some level ground (front to back, side to side) to park your rig. Balance the level on the crown of your A/C shroud with the ends of the level dangling over the RV’s sides. Have an assistant hold the bottom of the tape to the level surface you’re parked on and measure from the bottom of the level to ground. Repeat for each side. Rinse and repeat for each AC.

Here’s three pics showing the IS mounting brackets that attach to the rails:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8DDFCBFB-A1DA-408F-877B-C70E77665481.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	19096

Name:	C58083F2-E0B1-414E-AC63-EF899ABF05C9.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	19097

Name:	C6CC622D-5F02-40E7-A9B1-171F3B8440F2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	19098
    Last edited by Luv2Ski; 04-07-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum M-Class 328M w/Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension & Goodyear G614s
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Mega 6.7 CTD AISIN 4x4 3.73 DRW ("Ramona")
    Reese 20K OEM puck mount hitch
    Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box.