User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Ok, hijack time. Yes, the dogs off leash bother me. When we used to camp with ours (she is too old to now) she did stay on her leash or tie out. The one that really gets under my skin both camping and at home are the cats. They don’t give a $&/! About anything including invading your camp site or home yard and climbing on things, etc. Why is it there are dog leash ordances and rules but a cat is allowed the roam free? Hay maybe I can take cat owners to the Supreme Court on behalf of all the dogs and claim race discrimination!

Jim
    Yeah the loose cats in the neighborhood really irk me. Doing their business in the wife's flower beds & killing the bird chicks.
    Our little backyard is a hangout for cardinals, blue jays, wrens, mocking birds, morning doves and the cats love stalking them.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well . . . since the cats are into this discussion , I couldn't help but think of something I posted on another thread a while ago . . .

When out for a walk, Molly and Angel like to bring their "guard cat" . . .
    Gracie will go nose-to-nose with the off-leash dogs and explain to them that their behaviour is inappropriate. They always listen .

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0270.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Well . . . since the cats are into this discussion , I couldn't help but think of something I posted on another thread a while ago . . .

Gracie will go nose-to-nose with the off-leash dogs and explain to them that their behaviour is inappropriate. They always listen .

Rob
    Gracie, great name, same as my terrier.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Brian, do you give notice to the dog owner you are approaching from behind? I find many bikers do not give notice atleast 75% give no warning, either by saying something or tooting a horn or bell.
    Oh absolutely! I let everybody in front of me know I'm coming and give them as much advance notice as possible. The problem is the dogs are running all over the place and rarely respond to the owners yelling at them. I love dogs but not when they are chasing after me or cause me to crash trying to avoid them! It's not the dog's fault. It's inconsiderate owners.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are in the minority , Koda and I thank you for the warning!! I agree, there are many people running around who need serious dog training for themselves. We, as dog walkers run into the same thingwith loose dogs , there are times I'd love to leash up that loose dog and take it to the park ranger or office as a stray..after all it is running loose and you have no idea it belonged to a person that it clearly does not listen to .
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you like the Neapolitan Mastiff who lives next door to us? After about two weeks when it’s 90 outside his yard poop really stinks. He has a nice loud WOOF too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friend of mine had a saint Bernard that he named dump truck. It fit.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    150% agree! We don’t have a dog, but we have two girls, on the younger/smaller side and it is nerve-wracking being in the campsites (or anywhere) with dogs off-leash. I don’t want my girls bit or hurt (even with a playful dog) but almost more than that, I don’t want to go to jail for beating the piss out of whoever thought THEIR “nice dog would never”. I’m not Mr. Tuffy, but seriously people, what do you think I’m going to do if my daugters are getting hurt by your pet? What father wouldn’t? It’s a constant problem, and I’m very thankful you brought it up. Thank you!

Also, what is the new (new to me anyway) trend with the “Family Pitbull”? I’ve heard all the arguments for and against, but we are constantly shocked with seeing Chopper the one eyed 50lb Pit rolling rv-style with toddlers/little kids. I must be getting old and cranky, but I sure hope no one gets hurt. We left a state park after 5 minutes because right next to us there were 3 sketchy dudes with 2 HUGE GNARLY pitbulls tied to a class C bumper, barking like they wanted to murder things....
    Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Rob
    That is so awesome she actually *walks* on the leash. Ours will go about 10 steps on it and then decide that's her new home. haha
    Our Setup
    2018.5 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsl View Post
    That is so awesome she actually *walks* on the leash. Ours will go about 10 steps on it and then decide that's her new home. haha
    We know she’s a cat . . . but, she’s pretty sure she is a dog. Gracie will walk the whole campground as long as she’s with her canine sisters.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast