User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    if you see someone who doesn't pick up after their pet, pick it up for them. Then follow them back to their site and leave it there for them.
    I do that. But I drop it out of the bag, right at the base of their steps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our dogs ( Australian shepards ) are off leash in our camp site most of the time. And are outside only when we are. And we have had some pepole call us every name in the book when the see us out side with them off leash, even when they are sitting next to us. What they don't realize, or want to hear, is we have a portable electric fence that our dogs are trained to stay inside. Its an electric wire that is staked to the ground with a few marking flages so the dogs know where is. Since training they have never crossed it, even when we are on the other side calling them.
    And don't get me started about bicycle riders. We have been hit while walking on trails many times. The worst was a rider, that came from behind with no warning, went between our dog, on a six foot leash, and myself. He was traveling at a rather high pace and said he did not see the leash or the dog. He broke three ribs on our dog and hit me dislocating my shoulder. He apologized, had no ID, and when I was calling the PD he took off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um - well as far as “calling us every name in the book”? I just won’t stand for that from any other person. Period. End of discussion. I didn’t make it this far in life by being disrespected by people who just wish to flap their jaws. Want to have a discussion? Great. Start calling me names? OK -let’s discuss.

I would never call anyone names. I would certainly not hesitate to ask about their untethered dogs, but with respect. What’s wrong with people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS - your Australian Shepards are welcome to hang with our Cavaliers anytime ( I said “Cavaliers” because we just bought another little cutie).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234